[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/BSG/ Bedtime Stories General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: heart.jpg (6KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
heart.jpg
6KB, 300x168px
A general to share kid safe stories (self made if wanted) and kid book.

I'm struggling to find bedtime stories to read to my 9 y.o lil bro and my 6 y.o himouto.
>>
File: IMG_1762.jpg (53KB, 318x465px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1762.jpg
53KB, 318x465px
are you looking for short stories or long ones you can tell piece by piece? 6 seems a bit young for such long ones.
what have you read so far?
how long do you want to read per bedtime?

my son is 5, so we stick to short stuff for now.
i always get different books from the library so they are pretty random. if he's a bit older i will read him some ende, lindgren and hohler.

he really likes the books written by preusseler and loves the short stories from hohler. but that's a local author that didn't get translated afaik. maybe i could translate some of those stories?
they are pretty weird and mostly without trying to shoehorn a moral into you. i like that.
>>
>himouto
>not imouto

kys
>>
>>9020898
We read stuff they bring back from the school library, I started reading the hobbit to the boy, he loved the lotr movies
>>9020900
Fuck me I'm fucking dumb
>>
>>9020917
Don't worry brah, next time you'll write it correctly.
>>
>>9020917
dude... lotr is for kids above age 12... why would you let them watch this?
>>
File: 1485286622095.jpg (22KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
1485286622095.jpg
22KB, 500x342px
>>9020930
What's wrong with LOTR ?
They had no nightmares and loved the characters and insisted to watch the long version multiple times.
>>
>>9020944
you tell me how appropriate this is for a 9 year old...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FJf8puSIXTg
>>
bumpu for good thread
>>
>>9020872
It should be a great aspiration to write a book that would encourage a thousand bright smiles.
>>
Never read the Potter series as a kid should I read it to the kids or is it as bad as the movies ?
>>9021904
thanks senpai
>>
>>9020872
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 600x348px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 600x348px
>>9020900
>he doesn't know about himoutos
>>
The Brother's Grimm Fairytales and One Thousand and One Nights are classics in this department for a good reason. They're relatively engaging, episodic so they avoid the issues with forgetfulness that arise during bedtime reading (caused in part by their age, in part by them slowly losing track as they slip into sleep), and each sub-story is ~15-30 minutes, making them an optimal length for bedtime reading.

Also, though this might be less useful for you since they're 3 years a part, while searching for books to read with my own niece and nephew, I stumbled across across this list of children's books marked by reading level:

http://readingtokids.org/Books/BooksGrade.php
>>
>>9021904

Much less traumatic than ideology
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Myths-Read-Aloud-Educational/dp/0517588374

I'm interested in getting this for my niece but she's only three, and so I assume too young for it.
>>
File: 30979170._UY500_SS500_.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
30979170._UY500_SS500_.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.