[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this brilliant or complete bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Is this brilliant or complete bullshit?
>>
i know a woman who likes it very much so its probably dreadful
>>
File: 141358.jpg (13KB, 256x400px) Image search: [Google]
141358.jpg
13KB, 256x400px
It is amazing. Here is a shit version of Naked Lunch.
>>
>>9020468
I'm about 70 pages in and really enjoying parts of it. But it keeps devolving into endless descriptions of orgies and violence, does that have any significance or is it just supposed to shock me?
>>
>>9020489
Shock you.
>>
It's mildly interesting at worst and best, like everything Beat related.
>>
Both
>>
I will see a theater adaptation and I haven't read it, I expect something out of my money
>>
>>9020627
I'm not finished the book yet but I have no idea how they would adapt it into a play, there's not much of a coherent story.
>>
>>9020428
it's supposed to be hard to understand so that lightweights and plebs give up. they sneer and say "it's shit," and those of us who persevered and eventually arrived at an understanding can wiggle our eyebrows at each other and quietly laugh at the plebs. "he doesn't get it."

"Did I ever tell you about the man who taught his asshole to talk?"
>>
>>9020489

This is Burroughs schtick. In his best work there is a submerged sadness that leaks through at moments about the human condition, which he views (rightly I think) as carnal and violent.
>>
>>9020489
Most everything in this book is an allegory for Junk.
Orgies, violence, and specifically the orgasm are all analogous to the ultimate pleasure/destructive nature of heroin.
>>
>>9020428
It is the best American novel of the 20th century.
>>
>>9020654
They made a movie about it.
>>
Just read it and stop being so fucking lame. It's hilarious and awesome and insightful and whatever the fuck else.

You're being a pussy about it for no reason.
>>
>>9022245
is the County Clerk an allegory for junk?

is Doctor Benway an allegory for junk?

is Antonio the Portuguese Mooch an allegory for junk?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.