[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think about Simone Weil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: Simone-weil-620x330.gif (144KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
Simone-weil-620x330.gif
144KB, 620x330px
What does /lit/ think about Simone Weil?
>>
File: 1433418502403.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1433418502403.gif
982KB, 320x287px
bump
>>
>>9020096
She looks weird. Sorry, that's all I have.
>>
>Goes to wikipedia
>Mystic
>Woman
Thanks but no thanks.
>>
File: uwaa.jpg (30KB, 627x430px) Image search: [Google]
uwaa.jpg
30KB, 627x430px
>>9020251
>>9020246
>>
>>9020096
Cute. I'd rate 8/8 m8.
>>
File: altered states 2.jpg (78KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
altered states 2.jpg
78KB, 1280x1024px
>>9020269
>tfw no hyperintelligent neurotic anti-burgeous kuudere gf
>>
>>9020096
I haven't read anything by her, but I guess I should. There was this guy who wrote a book on Nietzsche, very smart guy and smart book, and the guy kinda left Nietzsche and started studying Weil and writing about her. And he told me - you know the glorification of power and strength in Nietzsche ? well, Weil does the same, but it's all about weakness, and that's really interesting. - I pretty much trust this guy and believe Weil is worth reading. Amirite, OP ?
>>
>>9020357
You are correct my friend. Start with "The Iliad or the Poem of Force," this is assuming you've read the Iliad though.

Weil was a rare genius, enigmatic and inspiring.
>>
>>9020357
Also, Gravity and Grace is a good starting point.
>>
>tfw simone weil will never sit on your face
>>
>>9021003
>she did not denounce embodiment
>she did not denounce the external world

Never mind...
>>
>>9020357

Why did I read this in Trump's voice?
>>
>>9020357
So what kind of weakness is she glorifying exactly?
>>
>>9020096

YAJI

Yet Another Jewish Ideologue
>>
>>9020246
Simone is CUTE
>>
I wonder if Sartre ever had a three way with her and De Beauvoir
>>
>>9020096
Is that what Yoko and Lennon's baby looks like today?
>>
>>9020096
I'm going through massive amounts of Catholic everything atm, she's in the plans for this year.
>>
>>9021701
There's no way Weil was anything but a perpetual virgin, her whole philosophy and life are self-denying
>>
I read The Iliad or the Poem of Force and thought it was good, desu, except she comes to an anti-war conclusion from the recognition of the Illiad's bittersweet celebration of force. She seemed incapable of understanding why men would enjoy war.
>>
>>9021863
War is only "enjoyed" when hubris is summoned through an excessive display of force, more than you're actually in the possession of. You don't enjoy war, not at all.
>>
>>9021863
>she comes to an anti-war conclusion from the recognition of the Illiad's bittersweet celebration of force. She seemed incapable of understanding why men would enjoy war.
Read it again and don't skim it this time.
>>
Bump desu 'v'
>>
>>9020096
looks like a jew
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.