[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Talmud

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Does anyone here own a copy of the Talmud? Are these quotes true? Do Jews believe this?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1107676959/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=marketorder-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=1107676959&linkId=a123197c2a225b3cbbec25251bc63382
>>
>>9019568
I've picked two of them randomly (the Libbre David ones), and apparently they're fake.
Too lazy to check on the others.
>>
>>9019568
>Are these quotes true?

According to my translation of the Babylonian Talmud, every selected quote from that picture is true.

>Do Jews believe this?

Yes, their religion requires them to follow the interpretations of the Rabbis.
>>
>>9019568
>Do Jews believe this?

They must be doing some pretty impressive mental gymnastics if they (say they) don't.
>>
Context is very important to the Talmud. I doubt all of those quotes are real, but if they are, they're meaningless without context.
>>
>>9019580
>Yes, their religion requires them to follow the interpretations of the Rabbis.
Most Jews do not follow the Talmud 100%. Most have never read any portion of the Talmud.

It's like saying all Christians stone gays to death, or think that gays should be stoned to death. I mean yeah it's part of the code, and technically they should. Except it's even less understood than that because at least that's in the bible and not just some a bishop's interpretation of it.
>>
>>9019593

Sanhedrin 55b

Rab said: Pederasty with a child below nine years of age is not deemed as pederasty with a child above that. Samuel said: Pederasty with a child below three years is not treated as with a child above that.24 (24) I.e., Rab makes nine years the minimum; but if one committed sodomy with a child of lesser age, no guilt is incurred. Samuel makes three the minimum.

>muh context

kill you're self
>>
The number of Jews that believe and follow everything in the Talmud is the same number that stone gays to death. Zero.

To put it in more context, the "Jewish" state of Israel, run by Jews, doesn't follow Jewish law. Not even close. Not even remotely close. Its Islamic neighbors are much closer to Jewish law than it is. So Jews, on the whole, aren't to keen to believing and following all the Rabbinical teachings.
>>
File: 1477408760775.png (383KB, 558x568px) Image search: [Google]
1477408760775.png
383KB, 558x568px
>>9019603
Meanwhile there is no interfaith marriage in Israel.
>>
>>9019614
Israel sounds based af
>>
>>9019614
And America still doesn't recognize Mormon polygamy despite it being the ideal form of marriage.
>>
>>9019598
The line can only mean so much when the next one might negate it. The manner in which the Talmud is written makes context essential.
>>
>>9019632
Plus it's written by a Jew, and they are known for their craftiness. When they say something one way, they might mean the exact opposite and they are just trying to fool you.
>>
>>9019626
agreed
>>
>>9019643
>Write book of laws
>Make it almost completely inaccessible to outsiders
>Use it to try and trick them

Are they willing to trick themselves in an effort to trick me?
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>9019787
>he thinks Jews will be tricked by it
>>
>>9019568
Jew here, only about 1% of our populations actually believes this, and they're far too isolated from normal soceity to do anything about it. The bible and Talmud is filled with quotes like that, but everyone who isnt a retard understands that they were only relevant to the days of the past kingdom.
>>
>>9020021
Reread his post
>>
>>9019597
And how would you know this?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.