[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kafka general? What is your favourite story of his?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: images-76.jpg (22KB, 352x418px) Image search: [Google]
images-76.jpg
22KB, 352x418px
Kafka general?

What is your favourite story of his?
>>
>>9017657
Die Verwandlung. It's short but gets the message across. The message being whatever you deduct from it - but at the same time your opinion will always be true because the novel is just great and speaks to anyone.

It's a book everyone should read. It's not something that will force you to interprete it, but rather something that you cannot help but to interpret.
It's almost magicial.
>>
>>9017657
Probably the Boy in the Bucket or whatever the hell it's called. Also The Burrow
>>
>>9017657
My favourite is "eine kasierliche Botschaft" because it just sums up a main aspect of what Kafka's work is about for me. Not achieving your goal, even while trying your hardest, because your goal was, from the very beginning, so so much impossible, at least for you. You can observe it in the Trial, the Castle, and some other short stories by him.
>>
>>9017657
Wtf is wrong with the people on this board? Can't you write the names of his stories in fuckin english?
>>
>>9017786
>reading translations

consider suicide.
>>
>>9017786
Us Amerifats need to pretend we can read in another language.
>>
>>9017786
I wasn't quite sure how it was called in English.
>>
Probably "Auf der Galerie" because it demonstrates the "Sein/schein-Problematik" in a simple and direct fashion.
>>
>>9017750
Eine kaiserliche Botschaft is literally Borges.

>>9017657
Prozess, definitely. Short stories: Poseidon, Beschreibung eines Kampfes because it's a whole new level of Kafkaesque, and I love Ein Landarzt. Then again, the first chapter of Die Verwandlung is still the funniest thing I've ever read and the story is just so well done, and Kafka's own life adds a whole new, incredibly powerful dimension to stories like Urteil and Elf Söhne. Dang, it's difficult, he wrote so many great stories.
>>
>>9017843
I'd say it's anything but simple tho.
>>
File: rose.png (246KB, 753x446px) Image search: [Google]
rose.png
246KB, 753x446px
A Country Doctor.
>>
>>9017657
Kafka writes like shit.
>>
File: 131007_r24070-1045.jpg (291KB, 1045x1200px) Image search: [Google]
131007_r24070-1045.jpg
291KB, 1045x1200px
My favourite short story of his is Das Urteil, and my favourite work overall either Das Schloss or Der Prozess.
>>
>>9018719
You write like shit
>>
An Imperial Message will always remain special for me as the first really mindblowing work I read by him.
>>
>>9017657
The one where he turns into Bugs Bunny
and he tricks the Martian into zapping Nietzsche just in time to save Tweety from getting eaten
>>
Who influenced this niqqa?
>>
>>9019486
The hopelessness and despair that is life.
>>
>>9019486
Read his diaries desu
>>
>>9019486
Knut Hamsun, Robert Walser
>>
>>9019486
Flaubert
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.