[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to win friends and influence people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (15KB, 189x267px)
download.jpg
15KB, 189x267px
So /lit/, does it actually help?
How much does it actually help you become less socially awkward?
>>
>>9014615

for the 4000th time, the book is mostly about how to act charismatic in a business environment. This is not a cure for social anxiety or autism.
>>
Read the Recognitions
>>
>>9014621
Is there a book that cures my social anxiety/autism?
Is there anything than can cure my social anxiety/autism?
>>
>>9014645
The Bible
>>
>>9014645
Interacting with people and stepping outside your comfort zone
>>
>>9014645

No, and yes. Go see a professional if you have serious problems, and ignore what 4chan has to say because it won't help you one bit.
>>
>>9014615

It has common sense advice that anyone might find valuable. Even if you read all the pages and pulled one good idea that helped you from those pages, it might be a worthwhile read. And I think there's a reasonably good chance that you might find a couple of such ideas. Although the book is not intended as a cure for social anxiety, much less autism.

On the other hand, _How to Stop Worrying and Start Livingi_ *is* intended to address some aspects at least of social anxiety, and it too has good common-sense advice.

There is one nugget from that which I have found help lo some 30 years after reading the book: Carnegie's suggestion to live each day in "air-tight compartments" as a way to avoid a certain kind of potentially disabling or debilitating worry about the future.
>>
>>9014652
I had to take a bible study class for a religion credit and my school, and to be honest the bible was pretty autistic, too.
>>
>>9014662

Is How to Stop worrying and start living kind off like the book amazon keeps suggesting to me

The subtle Art of not giving a fuck? And has anyone here read The subtle Art of not giving a Fuck, and if so what were your opinions?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.