[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have to read a lot to be a good writer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1484693400832.png (46KB, 507x607px) Image search: [Google]
1484693400832.png
46KB, 507x607px
Do you have to read a lot to be a good writer?
>>
IQ90 here. Nah. Just speak what's on your mind.
>>
File: Caedmon.gif (12KB, 329x289px) Image search: [Google]
Caedmon.gif
12KB, 329x289px
>>9014536
Caedmon, who composed the earliest surviving English (Anglo-Saxon) poem, was an illiterate peasant

All u need is some of that divine inspiration familam
>>
>>9014536

Life experiences and some decent vocabulary is all you really need. Telling a life experience is something that comes naturally, and most anyone can do it. Creating a fictional one that's believable and provokes emotional thought is an austere challenge in itself, and that's when you should start reading the work others once you cross over into that realm, because it's more easily criticized in the light of 'would that really happen?' especially if it's realistic fiction.

Depends what you want to write about, OP.
>>
>>9014552
>earliest surviving

Wow, incredible. He must be the best writer of all time then!
>>
>>9014536
No. You just have to be smart and have something to say
>>
>>9015588
>if he's not the best writer of all time then he's not worth a good writer
kys before you become old enough to procreate
>>
>there are people who think you shouldnt read 100x more than you write

well i guess this explains the critique threads
>>
>>9014536
Read a lot, and live a lot. You need to have something to say, and the means to say it.
>>
>>9015588
no, but maybe homer was?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.