[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 41W6YBzk--L.jpg (19KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
41W6YBzk--L.jpg
19KB, 329x500px
What am I in for?
>>
His best book.
>>
It's good, practical advice that is mostly correct and worth taking to heart.
>>
>>9014463

Pretty much this. The autobiographical anecdotes are interesting and illustrative, the advice is solid and surprisingly insightful, the recommendations are good...I regard it as an essential book about writing and I don't even dig King.

You should pick up Danse Macabre too, though.
>>
>>9014424
>listening to a bad writer for writing advice
what the fuck
>>
>>9014424
"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and fries." -SK. If you like McDonald's, he's your guy.
>>
>>9014495
>bad writer
>a napkin doodle by him is worth more than a novel of yours
>>
>>9014424
Probably "how to make somebody lose interest before they reach the good part". Honestly, once you reach the meat of his stories, it's even a decent read, but the first half of it is usually pointless drivel, that kills any desire to read on.
>>
>>9015355
What the fuck nigger his writing is so inconsistent
>>
>>9015837
Goddammit I just came to /lit/ to rant about this.
How is this hack held in such consideration?
JK Rowling is unironically a better author than him.
I've just finished reading the fifth book of The Dark Tower Series and god there's nothing to save abut tho whole cicle.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.