[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't get into long books, is something wrong with me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1484567316574.jpg (128KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1484567316574.jpg
128KB, 500x280px
I can't get into long books, is something wrong with me?
>>
too many videogames
>>
>>9013882
But I don't play video games.
>>
>>9013881
Set goals for yourself.

5 pages a day NO MATTER WHAT

Or 10 pages a day no matter what.

Do that exponentially until you're wasting your life reading books until they kick you out of libraries and you go sleep under a bridge, reading the nutrition facts on the backs of chocolate bar wrappers.
>>
File: 1478791640771.gif (993KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1478791640771.gif
993KB, 500x374px
I was going to retort "too much anime" but I watch quite a lot of anime myself

You might just be retarded, sorry
>>
I guess you're not into it. Don't stress it buddy. Think of a book as a friend; sometimes you just don't want to hang out with them. But if they have something you want, go for it. Reading should always be done on an interested/not-interested basis. What book are you trying to read and why do you want to read it?
>>
I was/am like this, try audiobooks.
>>
>>9013881
>anime picture
You've been retarded by anime.
>>
honestly just start forcing yourself to read regularly, itll get easier and easier. read before bed.
>>
if you didn't start reading early you're likely fucked

television/videogames spoil your attention span
>>
>>9013881
read on an ebook.
I'm dead serious. I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that you don't actually have the physical book in front of you that helps. You only have one page in front of you at a time.
>>
>>9015604

>if you didn't start reading early you're likely fucked

Not true. I started in my 20s.

You can improve your attention span if you really want to.
>>
>>9015604
Nope. I played console games and MMORPGs almost all day outside of school up until I was 20. Started reading and now at 23 I read way more than I play video games.
>>
>>9013881
>Start reading a long book that you're interested in
>Be enjoying it
>Continue reading
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.