[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The question that many literary figures have struggled with:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1484363554855.jpg (314KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484363554855.jpg
314KB, 1280x960px
The question that many literary figures have struggled with:

Is it a history or an history?
>>
art thou an on or ein
>>
she's real pretty
>>
Just read Garner's Usage
>>
the first unless you're a cockney rogue
>>
>>9012998
I met this snotty Irishman who called me an idiot for saying it's "a history" rather than "an" due to there being no vowel sound. Fucking pikeys
>>
>>9012991
I struggle with the urge to lick her feet more than literary figures struggle with whatever nonsense OP was on about.
>>
>>9013005
>due to there being no vowel sound

But there is??? you say the H

HHHHHHHH
>>
File: _20170123_215726.jpg (98KB, 632x642px) Image search: [Google]
_20170123_215726.jpg
98KB, 632x642px
>>9013012
>It's "ahsch-isstery" not "history"
>>
>>9013024
Stop posting pictures of me.
>>
>>9013005
Irish people don't commonly drop "h". Some do pronounce "th" as "t", like German, but they would never miss an opportunity to point out the guttural nature of Irish itself, and the development of Hiberno-English from such.
>>
>>9012974
It depends entirely on whether or not you pronounce the 'h' in history. Or maybe Britfags do pronounce the 'h' and are just retarded I dunno.

Anyway, a history is correct for American English, unless you're some pretentious faggot.
>>
>>9012991
*really

>>9013049
'Proper' English is to pronounce the 'h', but historically (and with certain accents in the north and south of England) the 'h' was not pronounced.
>>
>>9012974
post her pussy
>>
>>9013005
Hello, I'm Irish and have never heard it referred to as "an history".

It sounds retarded and you should have called him a faggot.
>>
>>9013193
He's the leader of the Youth Communist Party of Ireland, pretty sure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.