[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What book should I buy if I wanted to read Lovecraft's work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: 535252353.jpg (54KB, 777x1027px) Image search: [Google]
535252353.jpg
54KB, 777x1027px
What book should I buy if I wanted to read Lovecraft's work?
>>
Probably one he wrote.
>>
My diary tbqh
>>
The Wordsworth editions of his works.
>>
File: cover.jpg (124KB, 325x500px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
124KB, 325x500px
>>9011923
>>
File: bnn-lovecraft.png (420KB, 590x628px) Image search: [Google]
bnn-lovecraft.png
420KB, 590x628px
The "standard" edition of his fiction is the four hardcovers published by Arkham House. A cheaper alternative would be the edition published by Barnes & Noble, pic related.
>>
>>9011997
Other, less complete alternatives include the three volumes from Penguin Classics, the Library of America volume, The Annotated H.P. Lovecraft, etc. There is a more complete list here:

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/sources/
>>
Y/N
>>
>>9011923
None of them dingus, they're all public domain.

Read the online or print them off and staple them in a wad from Dagonbytes.
>>
Has everything, is a pretty gaudy book but I like it nonetheless. Have been slowly working though his fiction over the past years, some of his stories are pretty spooky. I haven't gotten to any of his novels yet, mostly moving through his short stories.

The Temple and Dagon are my favourites so far.
>>
>>9013358
Not all of it is you moron. It's only in the US also.
>>
>>9013358
OP here, I'm not a fan of reading online or e-books.
>>
>>9011983
>>9011997
I own both of these. I would say that you get the first book shown here. It is paperback and not a complete collection but it has all the stuff you "must read" (although it misses a couple key works like Mountains Of Madness). After that you can decide if you want to bother with a big, thick, more expensive hardcover.

The 2nd book is a great "complete" collection (missing a few things but nothing too important). Not only that but all the stories are shown chronologically and each has a small introduction explaining when/how HPL wrote it and a little about the backstory.

>>9013371
I've seen this one in the bookshop and browsed through. I still recommend the 2nd book over this one.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.