[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some of the best dystopian books you've read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (2KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2KB, 384x384px
What are some of the best dystopian books you've read?
>>
>>9011244
The Road
Inb4 redditpleb
>>
>>9011244
i didnt "get" or necessarily like brave new world when i read it as a kid, but Brave New World desu
have yet to read 1984
>>
my diary desu~
>>
>>9011255
Brave New World was a comfy utopia
>>
Hello, /lit/.
Is the Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood any good?
>>
>>9011244

Just finished We by Yevgeny Zamyatin a minute ago, definitely recommend.
>>
>>9011261
Show excerpts or get out, diaryfag.
>>
>>9011250
Wait, is not the Road post-Apocalyptic?
>>
>>9011286
Very.
>>
>>9011244
The Alchemy Wars

If you're French.
>>
>>9011270
I'd say so. It's a good read, yeah.
>>
What are some best dystopian books other than BNW, 1984, or Fahrenheit 451?
>>
>>9011679
High-Rise
>>
>>9011244
In the Country of Last Things by Paul Auster
>>
>>9011261
Came here to make sure this was posted

BECAUSE IT'S NO MEME
>>
>Only 11 replies
What kind of fuck board is this?
>>
>>9011244
are they dystopian novels which balance the idea of a self-enslaved society. I mean something like an exaggerated governmentality and "nudging"
>>
>>9011809
busy contemplating suicide
>>
>>9011679
The Trial by Kafka.
>>
>>9011819
What is the best English translation of The Trial?
>>
>>9011244
Dystopian futures are more suited to film desu.
>>
>>9011934
The book was better.
>>
>>9011244
Real life.
>>
>>9011931
The Penguin one
>>
>>9012021
Are you sure it's not fish?
>>
1984 pretty much.
Oryx and Crake gets an honorable mention because it's almost all too real.
>>
>>9011688
I don't think this is necessarily dystopian. It's more of a microcosm for the base instincts of humans. The world outside of the high-rise is going along normally.
>>
Fehrenheit-451 is my favorite.
I read it in high school and for some reason it stuck with me. The setting and characters really resonated with me, and I loved the specific setting.
Also I think the 60's movie sealed my love for the book. It wasn't great, but that 60's take on the dystopian setting was really cool to me.
>>
>>9011244
The Waste Land

also Snow crash and do androids dream of electric sheep are sci fi dystopia but i really enjoyed.
>>
>>9011274
This. It's short and definetely worth a read.
>>
>>9011244

anything by Kafka
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.