[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of the new Pelican Shakespeare editions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: pelican-shakespeare1.jpg (282KB, 1500x1033px) Image search: [Google]
pelican-shakespeare1.jpg
282KB, 1500x1033px
What does /lit/ think of the new Pelican Shakespeare editions? I for one really like them, just got Julius Caesar and Merchant of Venice and they look fantastic.
>>
File: juliuscaesar.jpg (35KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
juliuscaesar.jpg
35KB, 294x450px
>>9011007
this is the Julius Caesar cover
>>
File: merchant.jpg (28KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
merchant.jpg
28KB, 294x450px
>>9011011
and this is Merchant of Venice
>>
>>9011007
You are like a little babby watch this
http://www.foliosociety.com/pages/crafting-letterpress-shakespeare

(I own 3)
>>
>>9011022
>wanting ugly leather bound editions
>not wanting sleek minimalist editions to read on the train
laughingcleopatras.png
>>
>>9011109

you could've just said they are too expensive to even consider (which they are, fuck buying that bougie shit) but instead you felt the need to let anon know that you were actually super jelly about them

gud 1
>>
>>9011109
>H-heu guys I bought these patrician paperbacks of Shakespeare! they're so cool and p-patrician! please acknowledge me so I can justify my purchase!

Suck my dick bitch.
>>
File: 06b.jpg (24KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
06b.jpg
24KB, 300x400px
>not Arden, Oxford, or Folger
>>
Check their Amazon contents. The editions are basically a cheap text, barely any supplementary material, and barely any footnotes, with a pretty cover. They know their audience well: people that only care about what the book looks like and don't give two shits about its content.
>>
>>9011238
for shakespeare you literally need nothing other than the play, unless you're an idiot who needs footnotes and commentary to tell you what words mean and what to think
>>
>>9011296
I've seen some dumb shit here over the years but you're pushing to the top of it here. I'd like to punch you until you fell down and then piss on your face and take pictures of it and send them to all your friends and family weekly for several years.
>>
>>9011296
Does your mom still dress you?
>>
File: 1483509192420.jpg (23KB, 418x405px) Image search: [Google]
1483509192420.jpg
23KB, 418x405px
>>9011313

that was some spicy banter

mamma mia
>>
>>9011296
This.
If you need your hand held with Shakespeare there is something seriously wrong with you.
>>
>muh minimalism

Just get Arden you fucking pleb.
>>
>>9011296
t. enlightened intellectual
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.