[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Troilus and Criseyde of Chaucer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484665199438.jpg (393KB, 823x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1484665199438.jpg
393KB, 823x1920px
Is it worth reading for itself? Or is the struggle of his dialect the only reward?
no translations
>>
you fucking pseuds
>>
/lit/erally homosexuals
>>
I wouldn't recommend it as where to start with Chaucer, but if you've read other works of his and you like them, then yes read it because you will like this too. If you didn't like anything else by him you won't like this either. If you don't like Chaucer and don't want to be an expert in the history of English literature, specifically middle English, there isn't a point in reading it.
>>
>>9011805
What would you recommend to start with Chaucher, then?
>>
>>9011810
Either Canterbury Tales if you want to dive right into the main meat, or a selection of his shorter works. Canterbury Tales is really just a bunch of shorter works tied together itself.

Just get a helpful edition and it shouldn't be too difficult. I used the Penguin untranslated one and the glosses and notes made it quite easy to follow even as my first experience with middle English. It helps that they repeat words that have come up before so you can learn them easier. The Norton is also probably good. It doesn't have all the tales but it only misses out the really boring ones and you aren't missing anything there unless you're a completionist.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.