[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A better ending for this book.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 11-22-63.jpg (26KB, 256x388px) Image search: [Google]
11-22-63.jpg
26KB, 256x388px
Spoilers obviously. But if anyone here read this book, I think I have a much better ending.

So the normal ending is that he saves JFK, and as a result the world in the present is shit and he basically ruined the world. However, if I wrote the book, I would have made it so that when he went back to the present, it would be a utopia, humanity has finally figured it out and achieved world peace. Basically it would seem like the way that humanity was MEANT to go

I think this kind of ending would be a lot more unnerving, because it would imply that we were THIS close to achieving it. What do you think? The last line would be something like "The world was finally the way it was supposed to be", imp[lying the world we currently live in is wrong.
>>
The point was that in the canon version of the story, the MC has to make a very difficult decision, that is, have JFK be killed.
With your version, it's barely a story at all.
>>
A better ending would've been he is saved from assassination and then dies in an "accidental" plane crash the next day. The Russians are blamed and WWIII starts.
>>
Is there a name for this particular kind of horror? That is, Twilight Zone-like, where it's mostly about the surreal nature of reality? I loved a lot of the motifs, like the past not wanting to be changed, or how the past harmonizes.
>>
File: 1484119827439.jpg (55KB, 564x811px) Image search: [Google]
1484119827439.jpg
55KB, 564x811px
>>9006239
The Butterfly Effect???
>>
The whole point is that negative repercussions occur from changing the past, both with Jake's attempt to save JFK and Sadie. It wouldn't work if the end result was a positive one, like >>9006222 put it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.