[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1st to 3rd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 213x237px
>Almost done American Psycho
>Whole book in first person.
>During the beginning and climax of his police chase fiasco, it switches to third person.

Was this to showcase his dissolving sanity? His transition from methodical serial killer to a lunatic? I have alot of hypotheses but they all feel lackluster compared to what iv just read.

How did you guys interpret the switch of narrator.
>>
The police scene is inspired by a videotape

Bateman is the star and the narrator (and arguably the consumer) of the police chase spectacle
>>
>>9001338
He walked towards the door. "Hey, Bateman."

He stopped, his hand on the doorknob, and turned. "What?"

"Nothing."

THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY BRETT EASTON ELLIS NOVEL.
>>
I think it's proof none of it happened and ol' Patty was just day dreaming about being a blood thirsty kinky fucker.

I also believe him to be gay, hence the constant thoughts of anal play.
>>
>>9003374
>Bret Easton Ellis is gay
>from Wikipedia; "Even earlier in his career, Ellis based the character of Patrick Bateman from American Psycho on his father.[23] In a 2010 interview, however, he claims to have "lied" about this explanation. Explaining that "Patrick Bateman was about me," he confesses "I didn't want to finally own up to the responsibility of being Patrick Bateman, so I laid it on my father, I laid it on Wall Street." In reality, the book had been "about me at the time, and I wrote about all my rage and feelings."[17]"

You could be onto something there.
>>
File: dead-fairy-2.png (151KB, 600x446px) Image search: [Google]
dead-fairy-2.png
151KB, 600x446px
>>9001338
Every time some 19-22 year old anon assigns false complexity or worth to this work, a fairy dies.
>>
>>9002533
I don't know why this is cracking me up
>>
>>9003529
no, you are the fairy
>>
>>9003558
I want to select another notable author up your alley: Chuck Paluhniuk. His depth and complexity really have only a rival in Ellis' masterwork.
>>
>>9002533
>>9003535

Its an existentialist joke
>>
>>9003566
Fight Club is a pretty bad book, though. It feels like it was written by a high schooler. It's one of the very few times when the movie is better than the book.

I feel like American Psycho accomplishes so much more through satire than Fight Club tries to do with preaching
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.