[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post 'em. http://mindbluff.com/askread.htm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: sc3.png (2KB, 294x40px) Image search: [Google]
sc3.png
2KB, 294x40px
Post 'em.

http://mindbluff.com/askread.htm
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 972x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 972x432px
"above average" heh, that must mean I'm some sort of genius.
>>
200-250 words a min (Average)
>>
>You read between 250 - 300 words per minute. Above-average reading level. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.

Good enough i Guess.
>>
>>8999131
>http://mindbluff.com/askread.htm
400-450
>>
You read between 650 - 700 words per minute.

This is of course something I learned consciously, took a while to get comprehension to my previous level.
>>
Got two wrong in the quiz (never been good at perfect retention even while reading slow) and I hadn't even reached one of the sentences they asked about
>>
You read between 650 - 700 words per minute. Extremely efficient reading level. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.

I used to read at 250 words per minute until my literature professor arranged a reading course.
>>
350-400.
but damn it, go only 50% score on the comprehension test. it was a bit unfair though, the last question was from a part i haven't even reached...
plus i'm not a native speaker.
>>
>>8999466
>>8999245

what's the secret to fast reading?
>>
300-350 I'm not a native English speaker.
>>
Is there really any benefit to fast reading other than to save time?
>>
>>8999505
not subvocalizing
>>
>>8999544
I only advise speed reading for opinion pieces, news articles, texts you've read before and perhaps biblical texts.

If you are reading dense non-fiction or fiction where you need a rhythm or a sense of the goings on then do not speed-read.
>>
>>8999466
How'd you do on the quiz?
>>
>>8999131
250 - 300
it's a speech, i imagined someone talking with impact and emphasizing phrases and words and taking breaks
>>8999585
this
>>
>>8999576
Nice meme
>>
200-250 but only 33% comprehension
>>
>>8999576
this is actually a very good way to read.
>>
300-350 and 100% on comprehension
>>
>>8999600
Subvocalizing at fast speeds feels wrong and like the person should slow down. That said, I have the habit of reading fast when I read aloud.
>>
>>8999600
Brainlet
>>
>>8999245
There's literally no point in reading that fast.
>>
>You read between 850 - 900 words per minute. Virtual Speed Reader. (The average rate is between 200 - 250 words per minute.) It is assumed that you did not skim the words nor fail to understand the meaning of what was read.
>>
>>8999576
how do i not subvocalize?
>>
>>8999131
I got 300-350 but wouldn't ever read that fast if I'm enjoying a book. But is about the pace I'd go at when I was trying to get through a bunch of reading for a college class so I guess that's cool.
>>
>>8999131
150-200 words per minute. AND 100% comprehension (': pretty dam proud
>>
>>9000334
Take the test
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.