[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>mfw absolutely terrible at writing essays How do I cure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: wH.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
wH.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>mfw absolutely terrible at writing essays

How do I cure this anons? It takes me an hour or more to figure out how to write the introduction. I feel retarded.
>>
>>8998952
Write literal bullshit essays for fun

Ie why tomatos are gay
>>
just b.e. urself
>>
as long as it's a good introduction and it doesn't take you that long to write the other sections of the paper, that doesn't seem unreasonable at all. i mean you have to generate a thesis to write an introduction, that's the majority of the heavy lifting right there. a good thesis/introduction and a paper can almost write itself.

if that isn't the case though, I'm sorry; you aren't cut out to write. learn to plagiarize well (and intelligently - aim for a B+) for when it is necessary and avoid writing-intensive courses/careers.
>>
>>8998952
>It takes me an hour or more to figure out how to write the introduction

So? Keep practising.
Also, I'd recommend writing the main text first and then the introduction and conclussion.
>>
>>8998952
Come to the introduction later what the fuck

There is some question that prompts your essay. Just answer it.

If that is already done and you then take an hour to figure out how to do an introduction then make your introduction very brief. Write a sentence for each main idea that summarizes each idea briefly. Then write an opener, which is probably a bit more difficult. Just think of how you would get a friend to want to talk about this subject. It cant just be pure flair, like mentioning how Louis XVI had a huge dick when your paper is on the french revolution. Instead look at your first main subject in the paper, let's say the storming of Bastille. Your opener could be about the bread lines and women organizing a march from that point. So, how would mention the bread lines to your friend if you wanted to talk about the french revolution?
>>
>>8998960
>le

Reddit is this way >>>/tv/
>>
>>8998952
Do more reading on the subject. Not only will it give you information to use, it will also give you examples of how to write on the subject, i.e. different approaches. Write about what you read, even if you don't use it. Don't be afraid to write something down even if it turns out to be wrong or irrelevant later. Get to the point and explain yourself well.

They're hard work but you'll understand things better the more you process the information and reorganise it.
>>
>>8998952
Essays are so fucking formulaic, anon.

First paragraph
>sentence 1 sets the context of why this topic is being written about
>sentence 2 hones in on the specific items you will look at in your report
>sentence 3 gives a list overview of each main point you will make in your report (may need more sentences depending on report length/complexity)
>sentence 4 delivers final position that will be lead to in the report

Then each paragraph delivers those main points in the same order you said in introduction. And they follow this formula:
>sentence 1 makes the whole point that the paragraph will make
>sentence 2 explains that point in a different way and adds details
>sentence 3 provides either a reference and/or an example in support of the point (may need more sentences depending on amount of references you want to tie in)
>sentence 4 summaries the point again in a clear straightforward statement.

Once you have made all your points in separate paragraphs, you have your concluding paragraph, in which:
>sentence 1 reminds the reader of the overall reason people would write about this (restating the very first sentence of essay in a different way)
>sentence 2 gives overview of each main point made in report (may need more sentences depending on complexity of points/length of essay.
>sentence 3 integrates all those points into the underlying theme or overarching argument your report has lead to
>sentence 4 states the value of this overarching position

Once you have this draft then you can start editing to add in flair, side point paragraphs, etc. The only excuse now is not knowing shit about the topic.
>>
>>8998952
>>8998994

Also, always look at the evidence. Present it like you were writing the script for a documentary.

Just literally do anything it takes to get words out onto the page.

Try writing points down on paper and rearranging them, trying to come up with new connections between what you've written.
>>
>>8998985
You're a cool guy
>>
I always start in the middle and try to flesh out a few paragraphs, then when I have an idea of where my arguement is going I think of a thesis after that and then finally write the introduction and conclusion towards the end.
the biggest trick is to keep writing and not to get hung up on trying to get something perfect, just always be getting your thoughts on the page, you can clean up later. If you stop working, you'll lose focus and it will take you longer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.