[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

disclaimer im a pleb anyone know a good book that deals with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

disclaimer im a pleb

anyone know a good book that deals with immortality, like someone describing living hundreds of years and basically becoming perfect at everything they do?

(i was about to read vampire lestat because that seemed cool, but not necessarily looking for vamp books..unless you know a better vamp book that isnt twilight)

i cringed reading what i just wrote
>>
>>8998262
All Men are Mortal - Simone de Beauvoir
>>
>>8998262
Ya it's called the fucking BIBLE. Look it up
>>
>>8998265

who is immortal in the bible?
>>
>>8998264

why would you recommend that old piece of shit to OP
>>
>>8998276
All christians
>>
Don't know about becoming perfect but Orlando by Virginia Woolf sounds like that.
>>
>>8998390
>old piece of shit
are you talking about the author or the book because the author is dead and the book's not that old
>>
>>8998412
>not that old

>1943
>>
>>8998276
The giant semitic douche in the skyes
>>
>>8998474

i want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>8998262
I want to read a book that addresses the issue of suicide from the perspective of a world in which nobody experienced old age or infirmity. Wouldn't people be killing themselves left right and center because they would eventually realize they've been running away from the issue of their own mortality? Besides could you imagine who you would become if you lived even several hundred years? You'd probably have killed some people. by 1200 years you'd probably have fucked an animal or something. You'd literally go and experience everything just because of the iron grip of the will. Absolutely horrible.
>>
>>8998726

id probably just hone my skills and try to advance science and explore space or something

theres no way to even guess what a thousand year old consciousness would think
>>
File: 1244037734510.png (107KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1244037734510.png
107KB, 355x328px
>>8998424
>1943
>old
>>
>>8998262
>basically becoming perfect at everything they do?
Doctor Faustus by Thomas Mann
>>
>>8998964
And also The Count of Monte Cristo.

They aren't immortal though. Sorry.
>>
Just read The Immortal by Borges
>>
>>8998262
Not exactly there but Forever War by Joe Haldeman.

It's probably a step away from what you are looking for. It's supposed to be an allegory for Vietnam but I always read it as though he was a depressed time traveller.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.