[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on this book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images-71.jpg (29KB, 305x483px) Image search: [Google]
images-71.jpg
29KB, 305x483px
Thoughts on this book?
>>
>>8996733
స్మెల్లీ పెద్ద పాయువు పుస్తకం
>>
>>8996733
Just finished it about half an hour ago. I thought it was pretty funny and it made me think of this board a lot. Not all that great, but a fun one-time read.

Have you read it? If so, your thoughts?
>>
Pretty good. I like the backstory to it.

>Guy writes book, sends to an agent.
>Agent says he likes it, but he thinks it should be edited down.
>Guy flips his shit, says he'll never do that, then kills himself.
>His mom gets it published over 10 years after his death, and it wins a Pulitzer.

I can't help but think that....maybe if he listened to the agent, he could have won a nobel.
>>
>>8997371
The backstory was kind of the reason why I picked it up. I wanted to try it out and see how it was, then it drew me in and I finished it the next day.
>>
>>8997387
Yeah, I mean it's a good book, but I tend to side with his agent. There's quite a bit that seems like it could be cut out, and the side plot with the bar and stuff doesn't really work and distracts from the action.
>>
>>8997371

I also like how it wasn't that nobody was interested. Like the agent said he liked it, but it needs editing.

>Toole: EDITING? WHAT THE FUCK!?!! YOU GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKER THIS IS BULLSTHIT! FUCK!!!!!!! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

>then hangs himself.

Like...damn dude, seems like an over reaction.
>>
>>8997395
Yeah, I was more concerned with his job stories because they were a lot more interesting (and made more sense).
>>
>>8996733
I didn't find it as funny as people said it would be.
>>
>>8997471
It's not super funny really. It's more cringe worthy and just flat out sad than anything.
>>
>MY VALVE!
>>
It's on my reading pile for this month. Pretty keen to read it.
>>
Concisely and colorfully written, garners the chuckles, contains rich characters, structured to produce a fugue-like reading expedience, powerfully imbued with conceivably autobiographical inspiration, makes one hate hotdogs, all-around NEET, etc. etc.
>>
>>8997471
This. It wasn't bad at all.
>>
>>8997471
Oh, my God!
>>
Its depiction of GERD was was shockingly unrealistic and quite frankly offensive.
>>
>>8998393
GERD?
>>
Feels like a funnier version of something Flannery O'Connor would write.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.