[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Russian literature so good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: russian literature.jpg (159KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
russian literature.jpg
159KB, 720x405px
Why is Russian literature so good?
>>
>>8995129
because russia wasn't completely commited to western literally tradition, but was starting to look west. being from the peripheria awlays help to come up with great stuff.
Borges argued that the Irish and Jews were succesful becasue they were not chained to any tradition.
Borges himself wasnt commited to argentinean tradition and wrote about retarded vikings and so on
>>
>>8995147
>Jews were succesful becasue they were not chained to any tradition.
What did he mean by this
>>
we don't speak russian so we never hear about the shitty russian authors
>>
>Christian aristocrats in a crumbling society surrounded by oppression, warfare, and betrayal

They had everything art is born out of
>>
>>8995150
Jews in America iirc, were able to transgress american cultural norms, just like the Irish in great brutain. similarily you have the Frech-algerian writers, Kipling and other examples.
im talking out of my ass btw :)
>>
>>8995129

Because there is no truly good literature written without struggle.

And Russians have shitty lives.
>>
>>8995150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_ZTt_JQXRU
>>
Why aren't there anymore great russian writers? I mean was Bulgakow really the last one whos work was worth reading?
>>
>>8995333
what might have happened in the 20th century to disrupt the pattern of russian art?
>>
>>8995176
Subs are garbage but the part about "the rivering waters of, hitherandthithering waters of. Night!" Is beautiful. Listening to what he has to say show what a great mind is required to really enjoy and make so much from a work this complex.
>>
>>8995333
Because of Soviet HEAVY focus on cinema, I guess.
>>
>>8995333
Check out Dovlatov, Pelevin, and the Strugatsky brothers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.