[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read the massive clusterfuck of inane fantasy diarrhea known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Just read the massive clusterfuck of inane fantasy diarrhea known as the hunter's blades trilogy. What a fucking stinker, /lit/. I honestly enjoyed some of Salvatore's earlier work but reading this new one... I couldn't believe how phoned-in and repetitive all three books are.

So I did what I usually do when I thoroughly hate a piece of media... I read reviews online in the hopes that my curmudgeonly ire will be commiserated. What did I find? 4.5/5 stars, 5/5 stars, "excellent read" "thrilling", etc. etc. Do people not even understand what makes a good book anymore?

Please, good anons, don't let me down like those mouthbreathers on amazon. Tell me there's some of you out there who've read these books and seen them for the uninspired drivel they are.

(I know i've offered no real criticism here, just bitching. If this thread gets any response I'll be happy to let you all know just why these books are a steaming load of dogshit...)
>>
>>8993849
Holy fuck, where do you think you are? I'm not even mad, I'm just amazed by the boldness that you think you can waltz in here and post a paragraph review of a Forgotten Realms "novel" and there's not a single hint of it being a shitpost. What the actual fuck.
>>
>>8993861
I dunno? Is it not okay to discuss fantasy here? This is the only board to post about any lit so I figured this is where I'd post it? (Waltz or no...)
>>
>>8993849

>>>/tg/
>>
>>8993880
Oh for real? Cool thanks.
>>
Those books were based OP, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>8993889
meh, anons talk about pulp fantasy stuff here all the time too, it's fine
>>
I mean, I have a lit degree, I've read my share of Joyce and Pynchon and whatever other trendy pomo powerhouse you'd care to namedrop. But I like to read recreationally too and I honestly thought this might be a fun change of pace...

I guess given the literary culture that spawned them it's not a surprise these books are so bad. It just irked me how a mainstream author can get away with such sloppy writing... in some cases repeating whole paragraphs with minor adjustments from one chapter to the next... and laugh all the way to the bank while the plebs hoot and holler for more. No character development, no major themes or subtext to speak of, and meanwhile the blurbs all over the cover - from seemingly reputable sources no less! - claim the author is "commenting on issues of race" and including "vivid landscapes and memorable characters". It's just bullshit.
>>
>>8993936
>believing Fake News
Well that's where you went wrong then.
>>
>>8993949
Homeland, Exile and Sojourn were pretty good though.
>>
I wish I could read Salvatore or this kind of "trashy" fantasy in general with the same kind of perspective and feeling when I read them when I was around 11-13. Because it sure was fun as fuck back then.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.