[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /lit/s thoughts on the Halo novels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: halo-book.jpg (91KB, 599x448px) Image search: [Google]
halo-book.jpg
91KB, 599x448px
What are /lit/s thoughts on the Halo novels?
>>
They're not very good and we'd probably laugh at you for reading them
>>
High brow literature for serious intellectuals such as my self, muh lady.
>>
>>8993543
Oh, god yes!
[splurging nerd-gasim]

But on a serious note, however much I love the universe, I wouldn't consider it any more than a personal enjoyment. Defiantly not one of the higher brow literary collections, and certainly not on levels of works like Infinite Jest or whatever /lit/ reads these days. Although a wider variety of authors do lend it more flexibility in terms of quality and style, I would say that the books are defiantly OKAY, but not really anything more than that. They get the job done, that's enough.

Although, I would defiantly recommend (if you are a sci-fi reader interested in philosophy and don't want to read the actual works, you sperg) the first two books. When I was in high school (god I was such a nerd), it introduced me to utilitarianism, it's applications, and it's ultimate implications and consequences. It was what brought me eventually to my eventual refutation of utilitarianism as a whole, leading me to Kantian ethics. So I suppose it does have some philosophical implications.

Other than that, I'd say that it's alright, and an adequate choice if you read for fun. Greg Bear is a little dry, and Karen Travis is frustrating, but tolerable.

But that's just a nerdy tripfag speaking. I'm sure others will have their own pieces to add too.
>>
>>8993921
Is this some kind of ironic shitposting?
>>
>>8993925
Psh, look kid this place is a reddit colony and has been for like half a decade. Get in line and bend over 4cuck.
>>
>>8993925
Probably a mixture of yes and no, considering how finicky this board is with its mixed meanings.
>>
>>8993921
>defiantly
>definitely

AAAA!AAAAAAAIIIIGHGHGIIUGGSAAAAAA

>TRIGGERRD
>>
>>8993940
There are two genders.
>>
>>8993981
It's 11:50 where I am. Give me a break.
>>
>>8993543
Actually read one once. Don't remember which one. Pulpy but the prose was tight and it was actually pretty enjoyable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.