[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the greatest philosophy text of the 20th century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

What is the greatest philosophy text of the 20th century?
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8993442
Fuck off, Jung.
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
>>8993437
How are you measuring greatness?
>>
>>8993497
The most influential, regardless of how poorly structured it is when compared to other great texts.
>>
pic related is an un-stupid option

being & time
capitalism & schizophrenia
discipline & punish
&c

the presence of an ampersand is usually a good indicator
>>
>>8993437
>>8993511
sorry op meant your pic
>>
>>8993511
a good indicator of fucking what, you obvious schizotype
>>
>>8993515
Currently struggling through Being & Time, only because I heard that it makes Being & Nothingness easier to understand. or have I just been wasting my time?
>>
>>8993437
What are some of the major ideas, groundbreaking concepts, profound trains of thought in this text, we could discuss?
>>
>>8993535
of Obvious Philosophical Importance, natch
>b/c like the presence ampersands really have anything to do with this tho

>>8993536
b&t is initially tough but in the end not that hard. it will click for you eventually. and even heidegger himself didn't read b&n, for what it's worth

but rushing b&t just to read b&n later seems unnecessary. enjoy heidegger for who he is, sartre is on a different thing
>>
File: 14848071343801216470574.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
14848071343801216470574.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
>>8993568
Why Wittgenstein rejected his thoughts in the Tractatus.

and duck rabbit
>>
It is obviously Being and Time just like it is obvious that Ulysses is the best novel of the 20th century.

Best album: Velvet Underground & Nico
Best film: A bout de soufflè
Best tv show: Seinfeld

All obviously the best in their category
>>
>>8993437
>philosophy
>great
pick one
>>
>>8993484
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>8993755
Breathless isn't very good, and I really like the french new wave, and some of Godard's other work
>>
>>8993793
>tfw I'm a STEM fag but a philofag at heart
>tfw forced to acknowledge philosophy's useful only for personal enlightenment that gets me no where in the material world
>mfw when Schopenhaur tells me to kill myself already
>>
>>8993511

Is D&P an ok jumping off point for fucko? Or does it make heavy reference to his other work without explaination? I want to read his response to bentham's panopticism since we will soon live within a panopticon.

If d&p is a bad start, where to start with him?
>>
>>8993644
im going to sleep too soon, but, if this thread is still up tomorrow, I will be down to try to chat about a great idea of this text.

I have not read this. But if anyone know some major great points of it, that are contentious, 'debatable', that would certainly be fun, so post those.
>>
>>8993837
i found the college de france lectures awesome. one line in particular always stayed with me:

>truth is given to the subject at a price that brings the subject's own being into question

that's about as perfect a précis of nietzsche as one could ask for. nothing ventured, nothing gained. basically one-shots intellectual cynicism & fuckfacery

d&p is worth reading and not that difficult. it's probably the book foucault is best known for. he convinces me. ppl think he's the archpriest of sjw shit they hate but he's just continuing the neetch's work and seeing power & disciplinary structures everywhere. he's actually a way cool thinker but he's been co-opted right now by the left. ah well

anyways yeah i'd say d&p is a good place to start
>>
>>8993869
Thnaks
>>
>>8993442
fpbp
>>
>>8993844
This pretty much sums up the Tractatus:

http://www.harryhiker.com/ap/witt--00.htm

And Philosophical Investigations is basically Witt. refuting his older ideas, emphasizing on the fluidity of language.
>>
>>8993442
best first post post
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.