[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The dove is light and navigates peacefully through the world,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Blind-lady-justice-weeping.jpg (24KB, 400x453px) Image search: [Google]
Blind-lady-justice-weeping.jpg
24KB, 400x453px
The dove is light and navigates peacefully through the world,
the sword of war is heavy,
and with a single strike tips the scales for which the doves have nested,
sending the doves into flight.
Guilt will drive us mad.
From madness we will scratch at truth.
From truth we will plunge into sanity,
from sanity we will regress into madness.
There is no escape, there is no winning.
There is no honor, there is no greed, but for the living.
There is no justice, there is no savior.
There is only the cold slate of madness
slipping through the hollow void
and the mad ape riding with nails dug into truth.
Mouth agape and teeth searing at whiplash.
The gods watch us with envy.
The gods watch us in callous disposal of themselves.
They have no weight, no scales.
They watch us in envy.
We are envied.
>>
derivative and trite
>>
The gods laugh, no, chuckle, no, grimice, no cringe, at your pom pom foolery,
to think a petty mortal can speak a wise word or a few more than two,
what do ye know about justice, or weight,
how long have you carried the weight of wars and worlds
how much light have you brought forth, from the dark depths of eternities,
cavernous heartless heart,
what is a dove, or a million, to love, one, or many, might ask, or not
who is guilty for what and why
you are not envied, unless the word pitied hath been changed over night
the gods watch, as a tv attracts in times of boredom, when the thousand hour night seems to want of winding down
the gods envy...from from sanity regression into madness
the gods envy that?
the fallible follyful foibles of fucking fartly-fanciful fools?
a weakness as strong as that
all of you together could not lift the scales of justice what you would call an inch
much less her majesties dress
the gods have lived your life a thousand times a thousand thousand times before you were born
they only get younger
I will give you a tip
said I speaking to the scales
Law is not a haught firey flame
there is just ice
and it is sand running through your veins
>>
>writes about 'the gods'
do u like the other sixth graders in yr class
>>
File: u n ur mum.jpg (67KB, 641x481px) Image search: [Google]
u n ur mum.jpg
67KB, 641x481px
>>8993126
>>
>>8993834
>the gods envy...from sanity regression into madness

Actually that can be enviable i.e. lots of people seek intoxication of some kinds, to escape the enormity, enormous glaring of their perfectly observant self. Its such a weird, interesting thing, 'losing', changing, distancing from, yourself.
>>
>>8993126
This is a really great poem my dude. I wrote the 'response' last night, and just reading again now:
This line alone: The dove is light and navigates peacefully through the world

Is better than all of what I wrote. and your linear connection and all. The pacing, rhythm, flow, depth, imagery, all very good, kudos
>>
>>8993126
>and the mad ape riding with nails dug into truth.

I hate giving any advice on writing, because I almost always feel, well, when I do its usually on quick gut instinct (which I tend to trust for myself), and really its just a , 'have you considered this, maybe try this see how it works', but I would hate for my contribution to make it worse, so I tend to refrain.

But the thought came to me, that 'dug into truth', when reading that section ending towards 'truth', its a little, not clunky, but lacking of the perfect smoothness of all the rest flow, at least how I read, so I thought maybe try the word 'knowledge' there? Though that does not have as profound a connotation as truth, it may at least how I read it, the speed and rhythm, be a better word for flow, a nicer cadence.

But as I said, if you end up using that, and it turns out to make the poem over all worse, in democratic or objective eyes, guilt will drive me mad
>>
>>8995870
>>8993126
never even mind that, I just read it again, and think see how the speed and flow was meant, to land on truth, works... my bad
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.