[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Meme Trilogy in Highschool

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1475304317133.jpg (61KB, 645x396px) Image search: [Google]
1475304317133.jpg
61KB, 645x396px
My father works for (Nintendo) our state board of education and he's pretty high up in the chain of command. Since I see these books are the most popular here, I figured I would ask this question, and maybe get some discussion about how this implementation might affect/effect the growing minds of my States population.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12143814

Also, feel free to give suggestions (the classics) of what the public school English reading list curriculum should contain.
>>
Your father is a faggot
>>
This is stupid for too many reasons for me to bother articulating them all.
>>
>>8992916
>Also, feel free to give suggestions
inb4 Mein Kampf
>>
>>8992919
>>8992924
Make sure you ladies vote, if you don't know how, I will google the instructions for you
>>
Holy shit you want kids to read this modern /lit/ instead of Shakespeare or the Greeks? Why even bother.

Might as well skip algebra and take differential equations.
>>
>>8992916
1. Ulysses is an incredibly difficult books to read for people who read seriously. You have to dedicate real effort towards reading and understanding it. To have a typical HS kid try and read it would be a totally useless effort.

2. Gravitys Rainbow is the high-water mark of post modernism, has some extremely graphic shit in it, and is written to obfuscate. Again, normies, to say nothing of total plebs, would get 0 out of it.

3. IJ is shit without any inherent worth.
>>
>>8992959
But I am literally a woman.
>>
>>8993038
If I was going to include some works that I want American hs kids to read, I would suggest the Iliad and Odyssey, a historical critical reading of the Gospels of Mark, Matthew, and John, as well as Job and Ecclesiastes, Pericles Funeral Oration from Thucydides, samples of Plutarch's Lives, Hamlet, Voltaire, the Count of Monte Cristo, Thomas Hardy's short stories or Jude the Obscure, some Oscar Wilde, some Yeats, American Pastoral, Walt Whitman, and Willa Cather.

>literally
>>
>>8993051
I meant like, lads, plural

will you be my gf plz?
>>
I guess I was mainly interested in if everyone in Highschool in America read these books would anything about America be (""""""significantly"""""") different.

Though I guess I realize, the biggest purpose of English class, is to get citizens better acquainted generally with language, maybe thinking abstractly a bit, being able to read and write well for the bevy of jobs that require such
>>
>>8993051
Lol fuck off
>>
>>8992916
whoever voted 'no' should leave the board forever
>>
Kids are struggling to read books aimed at them. What makes you think they're more likely to be interested to read dense books frequently posted on an anime imageboard?
>>
>>8993146
High schoolers regularly blow off even low level reading assignments, there's absolutely no way they would dig into those three books. Even the ones who tried would give up and it would sour them on literature. This might actually be a good way to start a real pushback against the post modernist literary movement since you'd have an entire generation of Americans grow up absolutely despising the likes of DFW and Pynchon.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.