[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you read any Salinger books besides Catcher in The Rye?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: salinger.jpg (87KB, 323x396px) Image search: [Google]
salinger.jpg
87KB, 323x396px
I've read Franny and Zooey and Nine Stories. They are breddy gud.
>>
I've only read Franny and Zooey and I thought it was fantastic. I'm nervous about the quality of Catcher so I think Nine Stories will be the next work I tackle of his.
>>
>>8992551
You think you won't watch Catcher in The Rye? The book changed my perspective on people.
>>
Read For Esme (Nine stories) and it's very good.
>>
>>8992540
why dont you read it chronologicly?
>>
>>8992582
I don't know. I never really thought to do that.
>>
>>8992540
No one should ever write Salinger off after only reading Catcher. He's not some Harper Lee one-trick pony.
>>
>>8992540
Franny and Zooey>Catcher<Nine Stories<Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour: An Introduction
>>
>>8992540
I've read all his stuff.
>>
Honestly Catcher is so shit so when I was worried about reading Franny and Zooey, but it was pretty good. I really liked Zooey's character. Not sure it sold me on Salinger enough to read that much more of his work
>>
Franny and Zooey is a bit too preachy and melodramatic at times in my opinion.

His short stories are fantastic, he is great at dialogue and he has a very comfortable aesthetic.
>>
you've gotta read seymour: an introduction

really, you've gotta read the whole glass family cycle, but i especially love seymour

franny and zooey is gr8 too
>>
The people who hate on Catcher hate on Holden Caulfield and dont appreciate the book for what it is. I read Catcher too late to identify with Holden but I could still recognize the talent that went into it.

Also, Ive read nine stories and loved it. Its a shame he quit as Salinger could have been a monster in the book industry
>>
You've read the good ones. No need to continue
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.