[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok, but, like, what the fuck was the point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: wtfdood.jpg (31KB, 315x475px) Image search: [Google]
wtfdood.jpg
31KB, 315x475px
ok, but, like, what the fuck was the point
>>
>>8992421
u dumb and need 2 git smart
>>
>>8992427
oh ok lol it makes sense now
>>
>>8992421
novels need a Point now ? you arent reading a philosophical tract, moron
>>
The need to know.
>>
if you arent a STEM graduate i dont expect you to understand it
>>
there wasn't a point

Only good part was the submarine show bit
>>
>>8992421

in da post-modern world, truth is inaccessible, increasing complexity results in conspiracy theories, le funni 60's rock parodies, etc.

Idk, I really didn't care for it.
>>
>>8992421
>inb4 dumbasses say that 'there was no point that's postmodernism lol'

/lit/ really shouldn't be reading this book. Don't waste your time on Pynchon unless you can at least understand the references he makes about the relationship between ancient texts and 20th century culture, and how it links into contemporary ideas on meaning and truth
>>
>>8992421
It's a beautiful book. That's the point, in a sense.

Did you expect enlightenment? Did you want to become the Buddha or Christ after reading it?
>>
File: ME_IRL.jpg (78KB, 444x460px) Image search: [Google]
ME_IRL.jpg
78KB, 444x460px
>>8992421

>tfw you see this book mentioned on bernard jou-iwaku
>tfw japanese people consider this turd the best contemporary American literature has to offer
>>
>>8993141
Can you at least give some examples of these ancient texts?
>>
>>8992421
>reading for plot

There should be an entrance exam to this board
>>
>>8993157
>the opinions of one random mangaka are the opinions of millions of nips

Fucking americans
>>
Torquato Tasso
>>
what is the point of any book
>>
>>8992421
Don't know if you're trolling.
The point was that the reader's experience mirrored Oedipa's quest about the huge conspiracy. The "plot" is sacrificed for the connection between the novel and the reader. That's postmodern.

Read up about it on shmoop or whatever if you're truly interested.
>>
>>8993876
>>8993847

Dude... what if like... thats what Pynchon was trying to say...
its like a mystery with no fruit... is it still a mystery, mannn?

Like your having fun, unraveling these clues, your really invested, you want to keep going, turning the page, its enjoyable, your hearts beating faster, your mind is racing with anticipation..is she crazy? am I crazy? whats going on...whats going to happen... I need to know... she needs to know.... we need to know....

oh its nothing....

but was it...
>>
>>8993528
6/10 decent hypocrisy bait
>>
>>8992421
>enjoying something
>wondering what the point is
>>
TBQH, the whole book was simply a weird and wacky drug-trip. Remember in the beginning when they reveal somebody put too much kirsch in the fondue at the party Oedipa attended? It wasn't kirsch, man. It wasn't kirsch.

Really though, the book reminds me of one of those novelty snake cans. You open it up and it goes POP! etc etc
>>
>>8993528
kek
>>
>>8993989
totally agree, that's why I love this book so much _:^)
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.