[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who's the most literary Statesman of all time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Who's the most literary Statesman of all time?
>>
Not Trump.
>>
File: ted_cruz.jpg (52KB, 992x558px) Image search: [Google]
ted_cruz.jpg
52KB, 992x558px
>Read my delegates dahnald
>>
File: images.jpg (32KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
32KB, 470x313px
This guy.
>>
>>8992310
pericles to be honnete
>>
>>8992310
el presidente numero tres
>>
>>8992319
cruz is actually apparently disturbing intelligent. all the shit he got for staying in his room all the time at Harvard was partly because he was one of the smartest kids anyone had met autistic recall wise.
>>
>>8992337
Yeah, of US presidents probably Jefferson. Wilson was the most academic
>>
Aaron Burr
>>
>>8992341
This.
>>
Xi Jinping seems very well read
>>
Lenin
>>
>>8993217
>>8994307
Definitely a commie.
>>
>>8992310
Cicero.
>>
fridtjof nansen probably
>>
I hate politicians.
>>
>>8994313
>>8994307
>>8993217
All commies fucking do is read fucking commie literature, that doesn't count as well read.
>>
File: 1480165325994.png (155KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
1480165325994.png
155KB, 500x291px
>>8994370
>Lenin
>"It was only later, during our exile in Siberia, that I learned that Ilyich knew the classics as well as I did, and had not only read, but had re-read Turgenev, for instance. I brought with me to Siberia books by Pushkin, Lermontov and Nekrasov. Ilyich arranged them near his bed, alongside Hegel, and read them over and over again in the evenings. Pushkin was his favourite. But it was not only the style that he liked. For example, he was very fond of Chernyshevsky's What Is To Be Done? despite the fact that its style is somewhat naive. I was surprised when I saw how attentively he read this book and how he noticed its finest points. Incidentally, he was very fond of Chernyshevsky, and his Siberian album contained two photographs of this writer, on one of which he had written the dates of the writer's birth and death. This album also contained a photograph of Emile Zola and of Russian writers, Herzen and Pisarev. At one time Ilyich was very fond of Pisarev and read many of his works. In Siberia we also had a copy of Goethe's Faust, and a volume of Heine's poems, both in German. Upon returning to Moscow from exile Ilyich went to the theatre to see Der Kutscher Hänschel. He said afterwards that he had greatly enjoyed it. Among the books he liked while in Munich I remember Gerhardt's Bei Mama, and Büttnerbauer by Polenz. Afterwards, during our second emigration in Paris, Ilyich found pleasure in reading Victor Hugo's Châtiments, dealing with the 1848 revolution; Hugo wrote it while abroad, and copies were smuggled into France."

>Xi
>"When he was interviewed in Sochi during the 2014 Winter Olympics, he provided a laundry list of Russian authors he admired: “Krylov, Pushkin, Gogol, Lermontov, Turgenev, Dostoevsky, Nekrasov, Chernyshevsky, Tolstoy, Chekhov, [and] Sholokhov.” In France a month later, Xi had a similar list handy of French figures: Montesquieu, Voltaire, Rousseau, Diderot, Saint-Simon, Fourier, Sartre, Montaigne, La Fontaine, Molière, Stendhal, Balzac, Hugo, Alexandre Dumas, George Sand, Flaubert, Alexandre Dumas fils, Maupassant, Romain Rolland, and Jules Verne. In Germany he noted his fondness for Goethe, Schiller, Heine, Leibniz, Kant, Hegel, Feuerbach, Heidegger, and Marcuse and spoke of the “enchanting melodies by Bach, Beethoven, Schumann, and Brahms.” In Mexico he paid tribute to “Diego Rivera, the master of contemporary art, and … Octavio Paz, the towering figure in literature.” And so on. […]"

hurr muh fuggn gommies
>>
>>8994370
>All
Soft brain
>>
>>8994416
Okay the list from the Chinese premier is super suspect. These are things he mentioned during official state visits, grabbing at their balls. Clearly somewhat a tactic no matter how much he reads
>>
>>8992310

Washington - Quincy Adams were all very literary (Andrew Jackson was a piece of shit) as were most world leaders through the years.

One of my favorite modern /lit/ leaders was Vaclav Havel who was a playwright and author before becoming president in one of the few non-violent revolutions in the 20th century.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.