[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: download (7).jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).jpg
5KB, 300x168px
Is he the greatest poet of the twentieth century?

>Charlie don't surf!
>>
File: 66hkhoosossdccccccc.jpg (37KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
66hkhoosossdccccccc.jpg
37KB, 512x512px
>free verse
>poetry
>>
Nah, Neruda is.
>>
>>8990532
I'd have to say D.H. Lawrence.

Mourning

WHY do you go about looking for me, mother?
I and my betrothed are together in the shed—
Sitting there together for a little while.
Why are you so anxious? Leave me peaceful with my dead.
>>
>>8990547
>spic lit

"no"
>>
>>8990532

>Implying Ezra Pound isn't the greatest poet of the 20th century
>>
>>8990599
>implying Pound is a great poet
>>
If there is anyone of or kind to remember us in 500 years Eliot will be remembered as the best simply because he will be the last "great poet" in the traditional sense. In "The Wasteland," he begins with Chaucer and takes us right into the decadence of his time, the whole time making uncomfortable, oblique references to "Rape of the Lock," biblical passages, and all sorts of other indirect/direct criticisms of society at the time but in such a way as..he was gifted with language in a way few in our history have been. Even his pretension never comes off as pretentious. Sure most here also know he dedicated theorem to Pound, "The Better Craftsman." who landed in a psych ward for having the temerity to the Jews what he really thought of them, so of course he must be "insane."

There's also a very viable use of be made for Yeats. If you fpm'y babe at lest 10-15 Yet poets committed to memory, you are a pleb. The most valuable professor I ever had was when taking ore-college course at Harvard Summer School (before that became a meme). He was just an old man, and rather than have people write about their "Feelings" on one poem or another, the assignments were simply think like: "OK then, mu next boss memorize "The Wasteland" and "the Love Song of Alfred J. Prufock." When I admire a professor, I get obsessives about to working so hard I get literally nothing wrong entire semester, On the other hand if I hate the guy/.woman (always try to avoid female professor like plague unless they are attractive/0 right from bringing (and the shopping period is full for some reason and is hard to change classes)
(including footnotes) which as you can imagine would throw off the grading curve for those little fucks who were there ti drink and socialize while I just wanted to study in same room TS Eliot t was in.
t. an Autist's Blgf guide to picking classes. Does anyone else think this way? Example0 in the psych department, had nothing but As and 2 A+s in intro class since it was a book test and could throe off curve. So then, for social psych, they put this vicious fucking lesbian un chat and I git first "C" to my life just because I despised HER.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.