[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nine Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: cover.jpg (20KB, 236x393px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
20KB, 236x393px
Thoughts on this one?

Just wrapped it up and am myself amazed at Salinger's command of dialogue. His replications of plain but ingenious speech are highly captivating...Green My Eyes was heart breaking.
>>
>>8984894
haven't read it, but your post sounds sarcastic, but since I haven't read it I can't be sure, and of course you'd say you aren't, so can anyone else confirm that OP is being sarcastic?
>>
>>8984894
Salinger is the American author
Meaning he's pragmatist without forgetting the primordial questions
>>
I actually was completely underwhelmed. I was memed by the "Catcher is overrated, Nine Stories is his actual masterpiece!" when it's just some decent stories caught halfway between Hemingway and Carver, some great, others just okay.
and please don't give me "Catcher and Nine Stories are overrated, Franny and Zooey is his best work!" I'm not falling for that again, I don't need to read any more Salinger in my lifetime.
>>
>>8984926
Perfectly put...a lot of his stories hit me with the force - seem to be the wellspring of the force which impels Willy loman, in death of a salesman, to take up the deadly serious matter of cheese
>>
>>8984945
F&Z is overrated, what you really need is the collection of writings he accumulated during his half century as a recluse. That's that real good shit.
>>
>>8984894
bit too much italic
>>
>>8984894
My favourite is either The Laughing Man or For Esme with Love and Squalor
>>
>>8984894
It's trash
>>
>>8984945
Here's F&Z: spoiled brat cries on a sofa for a while while everyone wonders what the bitch's problem is (there is no problem). Spoiled brat's brother steps in and says some lofty, inspirational bullshit and the book ends.

I say this as someone who used to be quite fond of the book: it's embarrassing.
>>
>>8984894
Salinger is trash DESU. Catcher is edgy school shooter type shit, everything else is just OK. He's inspired more murderers then any other modern writer. Mental patients love him. Later in life he elevated his short fiction over Catcher, probably for good reason.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.