[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best sci-fi universe? My vote goes to Asimov's Foundation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Foundation.jpg (647KB, 987x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Foundation.jpg
647KB, 987x1600px
Best sci-fi universe? My vote goes to Asimov's Foundation.
>>
Shit for nerds.
>>
ha, i just started reading that series. still trying to isolate what it is about Asimov's characters that doesn't seem right - they're all bland and very logical. i've never seen an Asimov character get drunk and punch out a shop window before collapsing in a puddle of his own vomit because, because DAMN IT sometimes you have to get that drunk and what the hell are YOU looking at pal

The guys who attacked Hari Seldon with knives seemed like parodies of street thugs.
>>
File: wat_gabe.jpg (48KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
wat_gabe.jpg
48KB, 200x200px
>>8979875
back to >>>/sp/ with you, boyo.
>>
i would say beelzebubs tales to his grandson but none of yall bitch ass niggas know shit about that book
>>
>>8980390
I agree with you, they have this detached air about them in everything they do.
>>
>>8980390
Did you steal this from that Reddit "Crash, pancakes, new dog" thread?
>>
File: lolol.jpg (28KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
lolol.jpg
28KB, 324x500px
>>
>>8979862
Literally a tie between A Fire Upon The Deep and The Algebraist.
>A Fire Upon The Deep:
>Background radiation and weird spacetime effects make highly complex, low-entropy systems impossible to maintain the closer one gets to the galactic core.
>Highly stratified societies, with "Powers" (transcended/singularitinized beings) existing, but confined to places outside the galaxy, and as you go closer the societies get lower-tech, with biological life running most things.

>The Algebraist
>Mercatoria runs everything with control of the galaxy's "Arteria(wormhole)" networks, semi-feudal, semi-bureaucratic entities with cool as fuck names (Complector Council, Summed Fleet, Shrievalty Ocula, Cessoria), except every gas giant in the galaxy/possibly entire universe is populated by an ancient species called Dwellers who are huge entertaining assholes who don't give any kind of shit about anything besides garnering "kudos," which is like money except also a quotient of how cool you are. They also have gigantic hyperweapons and secret wormholes
>>
File: Wicket W Warrick.jpg (227KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
Wicket W Warrick.jpg
227KB, 1252x1252px
>>8979862
The Culture tbqhwyka
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.