[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are there so many 20-something video essay youtubers all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: nerd.jpg (66KB, 1064x596px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.jpg
66KB, 1064x596px
Why are there so many 20-something video essay youtubers all of the sudden? Most of them cover philosophy or pop culture, and they all have annoyingly similar formats. And all their viewers think they're philosophers after seeing a ten minute summary of an authors entire body of work.

Worst of all, I hate myself for enjoying them, because I know they provide a false sense of accomplishment, and they can't replace actually sitting down and reading the works of real philosophers, but I allow them to anyways.
>>
>>8978075
>Why are there so many 20-something video essay youtubers all of the sudden?

The vain attempt to enlighten the masses. Also it brings them a little notoriety, an audience, and money.
>>
>>8978075

You answer your own question. People like them, they get views, they make money, they create copycats.
>>
>>8978075
>Translation: REEEEEEEEEEE

kys
>>
>>8978075
I would let Nerdwriter absolutely ravage my boipussi
>>
>>8978075
We're a glib and vain society, so these preening little youtube videos are inevitable.
>>
>>8978754
t. Pretentious faggot who has created literally nothing
>>
THE ANSWER:

They're all people who left University without getting a job so turned to YouTube using their University lectures and powerpoints to create their videos. How do I know this? Because I know of the famous ones.
>>
>>8978785
There's a lot to be said about doing nothing, and sparing the world from more facile youtube videos
>>
>>8978841
Nice rationalization, loser.
>>
>>8978817
That's not a bad thing at all though. Taking good ideas to the masses for profit, why not?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.