[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to write about deep shit without sounding pretentious or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 18ha02cpzajf0jpg.jpg (37KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
18ha02cpzajf0jpg.jpg
37KB, 636x358px
How to write about deep shit without sounding pretentious or a pseudointellectual ?

Real question. I find if I write straight about something "deep", say death or some universal theme, I end up disgusted with myself and creating some kind of back door by making it satirical or apologetic. I'm fed up of meme-ing myself out of things, How to write with conviction?

How to do it without sounding like a tool in the process?
>>
>>8977795
White men can write about these things authentically. It just comes to us through our higher brain functions
>>
>>8977799
/thread
>>
>>8977795
focus on honesty, and forget the rest
>>
>>8977806
>just be yourself, bro
>>
>>8977795
>Write clearly
>Write concisely
>Have actually good ideas

Or:

>Write in a language other than English
>>
>>8977795
>I'm fed up of meme-ing myself out of things, How to write with conviction

Congrats!
Just keep at it. The fact that your desire is to write, with conviction and without excuses is enough. The rest is practice.

Oh, and maybe read through some other 'serious authors' with more scrutiny. You may find they kinda sound meme too.
>>
>>8977795
Could you share something that you have written? I suppose it would be best to discuss a particular text instead of speculating in general terms.
>>
>>8977795
one must at once turn to sincerity.
>>
>>8977795
Just speak the truth.
>>
>>8977892
Yes. Sincerity.

Even if your work sucks you'll have a clean conscious; because you'll know you spoke the truth (as you knew it to be) and worked hard.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.