[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preferred Reading method?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (2KB, 94x94px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
2KB, 94x94px
Hi /Lit/
Do you like to finish a single book and move on to another one? or do you jump back and forth between multiple books/stories?
which method do you prefer and why?
>>
>>8977715
why would you read multiple books at once? what is the benefit?
>>
>>8977715
I read a few books at once, of different styles mostly. Usually fic/non fic and either a harder read or something casual, whatever fits the best. 3~
>>
I have like one I read at home and one as an e-book I read while i'm in the bus for example.
>>
>>8977729
I'm not sure, I don't think there are any benefits to it. I used to play games and when I get frustrated with the game at certain point, I jump into another game and come back to the first one to get me through the blockade. Maybe something like that?
>>
>>8977729
Different moods? There are lots of benefits and reasons to have multiple books going.

For example, my bedside stack is probably six books deep now because I am doing research for my book. I need to brush up on genetics and botany and the physics of space...

But sometimes, I just want to relax and go to sleep, so I have a fictional piece and also one of short erotic stories... because, why not?
>>
I usually have a novel that I read 80% of the time and a nonfiction that I read 20% of the time.
>>
depends on what is on my reading to-do list.

if I'm reading fiction, I'd have two or more books going on at once.

Non-Fiction: I'm reading books one at a time, two if they correlate with each other, ie reading about the Siege of Leningrad while reading German, Spanish, and Soviet memoirs of the Siege.

As of now, I've been reading two books at a time.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.