[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Dante is to Italian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: goethe.jpg (2MB, 1972x2432px) Image search: [Google]
goethe.jpg
2MB, 1972x2432px
Shakespeare is to English

Goethe is to German

Who is to France?

Who is to Russia?

Who is to Spain

Who is to Netherlands?

Who is to Poland?
>>
>>8975700

Pushkin to Russia you frickin dink.
>>
Me

Me

Me

Me

Toilet
>>
Rabelais or Moliere

Pushkin or Tolstoy

Cervantes or Lope de Vega

Dunno

Dunno
>>
>>8975713

Pushkin

A Black Man being the greatest russian writer of all time

alt-right mad as hell
>>
>>8975700
>Who is to France?
Racine

>Who is to Russia?
Pushkin
>>
Poland is easy, Sienkiewicz.
>>
>>8975753
Wasn't he only 1/8 black though? And gannibal, his great grandfather, was from a village on lake Chad, so not really black, more like moorish
>>
>>8975823
even then...

most people would say Tolstoy was the superior writer to Pushkin
>>
>>8975753
Same as Dumas, that Frenchman of the criminal persuasion. Still the greatest French writer.
>>
>>8975700
Spinoza for the Netherlands.
>>
>>8975700
Gonna be controversial and say that for France Proust will be considered their national artist in couple hundred years. The playwrights people have mentioned itt are safe options, but I don't think they're remotely comparable to Shakespeare and Dante in standing, even in France. Proust on the other hand I could very easily see achieving this reputation in the long-term
>>
>>8976379
Spinoza is the only philosopher to have ever come out of the netherlands, so, yes.
>>
>>8976407
Some have writers, some have painters, some have bankers, some have nuclear armament. All have their own offerings.
>>
>France
Bernanos
>>
>>8975700
>Who is to France?
Proust
>>
How about Descartes for France?

And there's Soloviev for Russia just throwing that out there for discussion
>>
>>8976541

>How about Descartes for France?

How about no, kanker.
>>
>>8976416
It's not like the Netherlands lack painters either
>>
>>8975700

Poland might be Mickiewicz
>>
>>8975700
Appoilnaire
Pushkin
i dont know
i dont know
SÅ‚owacki
>>
I thought poets only, but apparently you guys choose easy mode
>>
>>8976407
>Spinoza is the only philosopher to have ever come out of the netherlands

>he hasn't heard of Hugo Grotius
>>
>>8975700

Kafka is to German, you knob.
>>
File: happyamerican.jpg (9KB, 250x191px) Image search: [Google]
happyamerican.jpg
9KB, 250x191px
>>8975700
Well howdy there, friend! Did you forget about us?
>>
>>8975773
SÅ‚owacki u retard.
Sienkiewicz is a hack, and not a poet.
>>8977035
Also can be right answer.
>>
>>8975831
Most people would recognize Pushkin as the inspiration of several great russian writers.
>>
>>8977113
You just went full retard.
>>
>>8975700
Cervantes is to all of them tbqh
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.