[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The catcher in the rye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

How did "The catcher in the rye" by J. D. Salinger influence Chapman in the killing of John Lennon?
>>
>>8974191
Because like a real phony he couldn't get brotherly sexy time with phoebe.
>>
>>8974195
do women even like this book
>>
>>8974195
do women even like this book?
>>
>>8974273
probably
>>
>>8974191
Thats just what the mayn strym mydya told the masses so that they would be scared to read and write great literature.

and to cover up the fact it was an inside job
>>
>>8974273
>>8974277
Do women even like books?
>>
>>8975736
of course. 50 shades of gray and virginia woolf
>>
>>8974191
The mc didn't like phonies, so Chapman killed the biggest phony in popular culture at the time.
>>
>>8974210
I read this book in highschool... I don't remember that part that everyone keeps mentioning.
>>
Man, was John a phonie. He used to sing on rooftops with his bandmates and all. I used to spend my time horsing around my dorm while sweet old precious perfect erotic Phoebe slept and I just couldnt get over how much of a phonie he was. So I killed him, not kill liie kill and all but did shot him a couple times in public. Boy Im horny.
>>
>>8977507
You probably read the abridged version.
>>
>>8974273
>>8974277
women hate this book, most of them can´t uderstand what its being lonely. If any non ugly girl was put in Holden´s situation everybody will be wiling to help them for sex
>>
>>8974191
in the mind of chapman, lennon exhibit himself like the sensitive and insecure guy of the era. (and having millions, and be a star on the tv, and have mansions in england, and dont be at all a loner and wretched guy.) he thinks lennon is a phony and a lie.
in the mind of chapman kill him was an act of heroism and justice.
>lennon is not the catcher in the rye

>>
>>8979407
also, he was fully absorb by the book and specifically by the character of holden caulfield.
to him, he was the incarnation of holden. at least in heart.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.