[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay which one should I read first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1273452327985.jpg (592KB, 1860x2153px) Image search: [Google]
1273452327985.jpg
592KB, 1860x2153px
Okay which one should I read first?
>>
>>8973917
You are aware that we're against women, postmodernism, continental "thought", degenerates, and leftists, right?

Take the redpill, retard. Your big words won't make your feels true. We have science and rationality for that
>>
>>8973935
go
>>
Read all of it a critical mind. Doesn't matter where you start.
>>
>>8973942
With*
>>
>>8973942
It kinda does tho, especially with texts so embedded in traditions such as those in OP's pic

First sentence is spot on though. Don't accept it because it's fashionable but equally be open to where these thinkers might offer insight.
>>
>>8973935
>we
I was just shitposting but I'm going to read all of it now, faggot.
>>
>>8973949
Maybe you're right. Most of that tradition is based on Nietzsche and Heidegger, so perhaps he should read them before he even begins on what is in that pic.
>>
Is Derrida worth reading or is it just insufferable navel gazing?
>>
>>8973978
He's good.
>>
>>8973978
He's too much of a nihilist for my tastes, but if you like that sort of thing go ahead.
>>
>>8973917

I've just remembered I have a copy of The Second Sex somewhere. Anybody read it?
>>
Is the whole graphic intended to be Feminist/Queer Theory? It says it at the top, but then there's a single section for it, so I'm confused.
>>
>>8973996
I had a class on it in University. It was okay, though it was kind of annoying wading through her criticism of Freud(That women suffer from penis envy etc).
>>
>>8973917
>how to become an insufferable twat starter pack
>>
>>8973935
fpbp
>>
if not Wittgenstein, you're a normie
>>
>>8973917
Why not actually read something written by Marshall McLuhan rather than reading texts about Marshall McLuhan? He's a little difficult at first, but once you pick up on his terminology he's not hard, easier to read than Baudrillard.

I recommend Understanding Media.
>>
Things Fall Apart can be read without any background knowledge, and it's also a very good novel.
>>
File: AugusteToulmoucheLeBillet.jpg (502KB, 753x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AugusteToulmoucheLeBillet.jpg
502KB, 753x1024px
>>8973963

no. most of the tradition is actually based on emerson and william james: what santayana called "the genteel tradition"
think about it: the roots of 20th century postmodernism, which pretty much incoherently marries a crushing moral certainty with an equally crushing moral relativism, is really a product of the antinomian philosophies of emerson and james that spawned in the 19th century. emerson and james basically called for the mind to look ever inward, rather than outward, and in this introspection find the entire world; and they did, by bypassing scientific standards and inaugurating the same focus on the "self" and hyperindividualism that stands behind the equally as incoherent liberal politics of clinton, etc.

postmodernism has far less to do with nietzsche and heidegger than it does with the actual lives politics of the american genteel tradition--of course it wants to think differently, but it has appropriated and bastardized an intellectual tradition it knows virtually nothing about.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.