[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't name this emotion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: ifonly.jpg (7KB, 233x217px) Image search: [Google]
ifonly.jpg
7KB, 233x217px
What's the name for this smile/facial expression? That sort of smile you give when you see something very sad or naive and you almost want to see the silver lining or know that the world is going to rock the naive person's boat?

Like when with down syndrome tells you they honestly want to become a surgeon - what is the name of this facial expression that occurs as a result?
>>
Idk, ask my parents when I told them I'm moving back in.
>>
Grimace.
>>
>>8971310
>Like when with down syndrome tells you they honestly want to become a surgeon
warm-pity, because i'm not a total shit eater
>That sort of smile you give when you see something very sad or naive and you almost want to see the silver lining or know that the world is going to rock the naive person's boat
that german word
>>
>>8971410
He's looking for a word for the facial expression, and that word is grimace.
>>
i dont think one example will suffice. try and describe as many scenarios as you can, see if thatll get the brain juices flowing. only one i can think of is:

>young child with glasses tells you he'll be a pilot one day

>>8971410
this isnt schadenfreude. op isnt saying that he WANTS to see the world rock the person's boat, hes saying that he KNOWS for a fact that the world will rock the person's boat one day.

its pity and empathy, not malice.
>>
>>8971310
smug
>>
>>8971310

It's a cha-grin.

t. carlos
>>
>>8971310
a wistful smile
>>
>>8971310
The Pan Am Smile (aka Botox Smile)
>>
>>8971425
Nigga there is more than one german word
>>
File: samtones.jpg (576KB, 2342x2057px) Image search: [Google]
samtones.jpg
576KB, 2342x2057px
>>8971310
It's when a wistful smile plays across you're face
>>
File: ballerina.jpg (164KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
ballerina.jpg
164KB, 600x450px
>>8971310
>>
>>8975826
That dog is probably dead by now.
>>
>>8971310
Condescension.
>>
>>8971310
Feined Content
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.