[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horrible but extremely popular writers.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 228x221px
Horrible but extremely popular writers.
>>
>>8965954
Dan Brown, JK Rowling.
>>
He's literally better than 99 percent of people who ever attempted to write seriously.
>>
It's ironic and also fucking balls to the wall retarded that this guy once gave advice to aspiring writers that they should cut everything that can be cut. Stephen fucking King, of all people, saying that.
>>
>>8965964
It doesnt make him a good writer.
>>
>>8965954
As somebody who hates all of his books, I have to admit that he's not as bad as I wish he was in my head.

>>8965966
behold the first bug chaser post
>>
>>8965976
behold this *unzips dick*
>>
>>8965985
Man, your dick must be a Stephen King novel.

Because it's too heavily cut and a disappointment.
>>
>>8965970
It doesn't have to. People criticize popular writers as if there was a proliferation of actual talent out there. He's not amazing, but he's readable. He's good enough for a large population of people to read thousands and thousands of pages of his writing. There is a demand for good writing, but there isn't sufficient supply so people lower standards and make do or never read anything good so they just read shit and like shit because it's what they know and are satisfied in their obliviousness. To say he's horrible is hyperbole. He's better than anyone here and most writers being published currently by major and minor publications.
>>
>>8965954
the man wrote IT and the stand, i can forgive him for everything lackluster after that
>>
>>8966000
>>8966000
That and good horror is in short supply. Sometimes I want to read about spooky skeletons and not some 2000 page door stopper with wacky sideways text just so i can feel intellectual.
>>
>>8965954
What happened to his face?
>>
>>8966000
Those are some /lit/ digits senpai
>>
>>8966067
sucked too much dick and got a hernia which somehow affected his face somehow
>>
>>8965954
Karl Marx
>>
Ayn Rand
>>
Stephen King does have a lot of shit fucking books in my opinion, But he does have some really friggin good ones too, The Dark Tower series is one of my all time favorite sets. Salem's lot is really good too. He's a hit or a miss depending on what you're looking for.
>>8966000
Nailed it.
>>
Unironically John Green
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.