[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which words piss you off?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1781.jpg (260KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1781.jpg
260KB, 800x800px
Which words piss you off?
>>
I didn't realize how much I hate the word "anyhow" until I started reading Silence
>>
I hate the word "both" because I keep running into people who pronounce it with a gutteral "l" sound between the o and th. "Bolth," but it should obviously be "bowth."
>>
avid
>>
Avid /lit/ posters and /his/torians both will understand this reference. Anyhow,

Thanks for reading.
-Anon
>>
>>8962271
'Ignorant' really gets on my nerves mainly because it is used by ignorant people.

>>8962289
also this
>>
>>8962271
i hate these:
>you
>which
>off
>piss
>words
>>
I hate the word "pretentious" because it's a hollow go-to word for pseuds whenever they attempt to citicize anything profound.
>>
commonplace
stalwart
Machiavellian
serendipity
whence
prostrate
gnash
iota
>>
>>8962271
cuck
>>
>>8962271

per-say

pastiche

trodden
>>
>>8962711
found the cuck
>>
>>8962705
>stalwart
>serendipity
god-tier words
>machiavellian
overused, otherwise it would be great

otherwise you're right
>>
>>8962271
america
kafkaesque
trump
shakesperean
greek
>>
>>8962271
lilt
>>
>>8962700
The pretentious-psuedointellectual dichotomy, two words used in the same way by the same people in an attempt to disparage the percieved opposing group.
>>
>>8962271
The so called 'N Word' together with all slurs pertaining to race, ethnicity, sexual orientation gender expression and so on. This is because I am a highly empathetic person who is really attuned to the suffering of other conscious beings.
>>
>>8962271
pubescent. For some reason it's always really made me cringe.
>>
'The Universe"

"Fascist"

"Literally"
>>
>>8962744
t. turk
>>
>>8962289
Ive noticed most Americans pronounce it this way. It makes me want to stab knives into my ear canal.
>>
>>8962271

Educated/uneducated

What does it even mean to be educated? Educated in WHAT? Someone who didn't go to college but worked as a plumber for 20 years is "educated" in plumbing, pipes, tools and communicating with homeowners. And yet such a man would universally be called "uneducated" because he didn't get a 4 year degree, even though it's possible he does his own reading and research on the side.
>>
actually

or people who use "filmic" instead of "cinematic".
>>
temerity
percolate
>>
>>8963178
Calling someone educated is someone who has good general knowledge, usually as a result, or at least influenced by tertiary education
>>
>>8962289
What the fuck? What sort of inbred faggot speaks like this?
>>
>>8963958
americans. their accent is the most shit tier english accent, prove me wrong
>>
>>8963974
This desu. I'd rather listen to a scouser than a septic
>>
>>8963974
Northern and Western US accents are some of the worst in the world.

But southern US accents, like Texas and Alabama are great.
>>
>>8963049
Don't fucking equate race and ethnicity with a FUCKING FANTASY!

>>8963974
You're full of shit. I've lived all over the US and never heard "both" pronounced "bolth" in my life.

Back to your mother tongue swine.
>>
>>8962271
'Random'
>>
>>8962271

>non-binary
>pangender
>agender
>all words pertaining to gender related make-believe
>patriarchy
>privilege
>all racial slurs
>liberal
>conservative
>far-right
>far-left
>republican
>democrat
>red-pilled
>cuck
>blue-pilled
>any non-ironic reference to The Matrix
>desu

There are probably more.
>>
File: asopjgnopsng.png (88KB, 659x636px) Image search: [Google]
asopjgnopsng.png
88KB, 659x636px
>>8962711
>>
>>8964706
>tfw 2016 made me an actual unwilling cuck
Kill me now.
>>
>>8964592
>You're full of shit. I've lived all over the US and never heard "both" pronounced "bolth" in my life.
>Back to your mother tongue swine.
It's typical of English speakers with an Asian accent.
>>
>>8964706
Lol.
>>
>>8964620
This desu why do people feel the need to talk about politics on the internet
>>
>>8964777
Why do some people have an aversion to discussing politics in general? I think the mental effort required in order to determine the nature of the world and what should and should not be is a hurdle for you. Your laziness isn't an argument nor is it a justification for stifling discussions that you can elect out of.
>>
>>8964810
Yeah when you put it like that I seem like a lazy fence-sitting asshole. I was talking about /pol/ for the most part, which isn't exactly a bastion of intelligent political discussion.
>>
>>8962289
I can't imagine this, can you post an audio recording?
>>
'Lugubrious' and 'turgid'
>>
>>8964860
Most people make the conscious or unconscious decision to hate /pol/, and then pick the worst of the worst in post quality to validate what they already want to believe. You've done yourself the disservice of placing a lot of political opinions under the label of '/pol/', and now you see this negative force everywhere on this board. I think you should stop worrying about being disagreed with on an anonymous imageboard for your own well-being.
>>
>>8962705
Agree with the entire list cept stalwart
>>
>>8962705
pseud detected
>>
>>8964912
cuck
>>
File: nm.jpg (5KB, 181x236px) Image search: [Google]
nm.jpg
5KB, 181x236px
>>8964991
Being tribal rarely succeeds in convincing.
>>
>>8965004
cuck
>>
Intellectual
like it's reserved for a special class of people to have sincere and critical thoughts

Idea
many native english speakers pronounce it idear. It drives me crazy.

Liberal
not the word, but how it is constantly missused by people of both sides of the political spectrum.
>>
>>8965410
>many native english speakers pronounce it idear.

No, they don't. Only hillbillies from the Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, etc.,. regions might.

The sheer volume of myths which surround the US is astounding.
>>
>>8962271
Prideful.
>Homigoddd! He was so prideful! *screeching noises*
I swear to God, what's wrong with the word proud? Use it.
>>
>>8965841
It's actually very common here in New England
>>
>>8962271
Verywell.
How to kill a conversation in one shot.
>>
Wan. Especially when used to describe a smile.
>>8962705
>whence
Is whither okay?
>>8962715
>per-say
per se
>>8963371
>actually
Agreed, but only when it's pronounced "ahkshewullee" by someone trying to sound smarter than you.
>>
There's a certain faggy look-at-me thesaurus-touting poetic vocabulary that really pisses me off

>crocus
>sceptre
>phosphor
>eros
>redolent

And worst of all
>calling poetry "song"

Looking at you, Hart Crane
>>
>>8965410
>like it's reserved for a special class of people to have sincere and critical thoughts

t. Antonio Gramsci
>>
>>8962289
I'm from PA, never heard "bolth" before, is this region specific?
>>
post-truth
mansplain
whitesplain
whitelash
POC
WOC
All racial slurs
Hamilton
reparations
objective
subjective
SJW
woke
meme
beta
alpha
laid (i.e. "you need to get laid")
bro
pussy
cunt
self-care
self-love
self-esteem
self-acceptance
all psychoanalytic concepts e.g. oedipal, parapraxis, projection, repression, sublimation, anal-retentive
existential
nerd
geek
alt
quirky
sapiosexual
adventure
limn
whatever
postmodern
sustainability
natural
artisanal
organic

I'm getting pretty aroused from this as you can probably tell

Also I'm not a racist
>>
FUCK
>>
>>8967564
Anon, I... actually agree with you.
>>
>>8962271
>which words piss you off

The ones I don't understand
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.