[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Karl_Marx.jpg (980KB, 1280x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx.jpg
980KB, 1280x1500px
Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane person and actually learn anything, or is it a waste of time?
>>
>>8961973
Even if Freud, Hegel, Marx, etc. where complete bullshit artists, their writings have retroactively become relevant and 'true' in a sense through their effects on history/culture.
>>
>>8962006
Sorry sir, but could you explain this in mentally retarded terms?
>>
>>8962030
'it's a meme ya dip'
>>
>>8961973
Almost all social science is marxist, so yes.
>>
>>8962006
>Calling Hegel bad
Oh come on, just because the Young Hegelians ruined his rep doesn't mean he was bad.
OP, Marx has no social merit, no philosophical merit and distinctly LTV has ZERO economic merit. Don't bother.
Go for his critiques of "Saint Max" for some giggles tho.
>>
>>8962058
he was a fucking occultist

might as well read the ravings of a voodoo priest or a shi tflinging witch doctor
>>
>>8962052
Social science is a waste of time
>>
>>8962058
Hegel is /x/-tier, dude literally reads like a 19 year old kid on shrooms who thinks he discovered the true nature of the universe, but is actually just talking complete gibberish
>>
>>8962030
If I wrote a book about how eating shit keeps you healthy and it changed the world, and then scientists disproved that eating shit keeps you healthy, it would still be worth talking about how and why the idea eating shit keeps you healthy changed the world
>>
>>8962089
But then again so were many great scientists and the founding fathers of America.
>>
>>8962110
no it wouldn't you cuck
>>
>>8962052
>social """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""science""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>8961973
>his schizophrenic ramblings
Obvious bait is obvious. Are we really supposed to try and convince you of the merit of something you have dismissed with the most conventional of misdiagnoses?

Read the work - that which is self-evident in Marx and Engels (whose contribution and voice are underrated, btw) will stand out as such. But first, you will have to entertain the notion that there is value in understanding the presentation of history within the framework of power dynamics between groups of human beings, and all resultant struggles an example of the warring values of those class-based relationships.

Pros:
- Your perspective may become more detached from the embedded and socially acquired values of the power-elite of the culture in which you were brought up.
- You will have a more solid foundation for reading further social theory (Foucalt would be difficult to get without this foundation, for example).

Cons:
- Your perspective may become more detached from the embedded and socially acquired values of the power-elite of the culture in which you were brought up.
- You will be dismissed as "leftist scum" by people who think that sucking the collective dicks of the power elite they will somehow be bestowed with their wealth and power.

tl;dr:
>Is it possible to read his schizophrenic ramblings as a sane person and actually learn anything
Yes
>or is it a waste of time?
No
>>
>>8962141
>that sucking
that *by* sucking
>>
>>8962030
Marxism shaped much of the modern world. Marx described a specific form of 19th century capitalism. Marxism's advantage over competing revolutionary ideologies lies on its Messianic character, which blends christian eschatology with Hegel and 19th century positivist aspirations. The Russian revolution was probably one of the defining events of the 20th century. Even today it's hard to understand Eastern Europe or China without referring to Marxism. Much of Modern American politics originated as a response to Marxism and the Soviet threat. Rothbard and his 'libertarian' backers explicitly set out to create a Marxism of the right, while /pol/ is still full of John Birch talking points to this very day. Identity Politics is maoism for middle class protestant students.
>>
>>8962058
only people who.would say this about marx are marxists that hope they dont get outed.

kys.
>>
>>8962173
This. And only people who say dont read him are those who want you to be ignorant.
>>
>>8962110
Good post. Op here, i like this analogy.
>>
>>8962141
Im not baiting, but i completely hate the idea of communism. I have to go hslp a friend with his car. This is a slow moving board, so I will try to give a more detailed response ina couple hours or so. Not ignoring you. Its times like these im glad this board is slow. Ill be checking back periodica.ly as well. No, I'm not trolling.
>>
>>8962266
Fair enough. I'm not an ideological prescriptivist, so saying that you hate the idea of anything seems pretty rational. Marx framed communism in two extremes, actually: "naive" communism, where humans coexist in a pre-capitalist state of hunter-gatherer society without private ownership, and "pure" communism, which is an ideal condition whereby all needs are provided by technological means and private ownership becomes redundant, as there is no need to compete for resources. What you probably think of as communism, then, is likely not that which Marx and Engels proposed, but some ersatz totalitarian regime that called *itself* communist.
>>
What is essential Marx to read to understand the state of modern SJWism?
>>
>>8961973
Yes there is alot of merit to Marx, ignore the histrionics of Trump supporting rightwing retards.
>>
yes, marx is garbage but he's worth reading in order to better understand the many neuroses of the leftwing mind
>>
File: 5.png (161KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
161KB, 500x645px
>>8962058
Oh boy here we go
>>
>>8962058
*tips fedora*
>>
>>8961973
holy shit, kys
>>
>>8962124
>says cuck
>dismisses memes
Just how unconscious are you?
>>
>>8963507
Jej that image is perfect
>>
>>8961973
It's relevant because it gives context to political, social and economic ideas expressed and acted upon after its publication
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.