[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you write a character that's smarter than you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How do you write a character that's smarter than you?
>>
>>8960648
Make someone capable of solving problems, reading people, or making solid plans in a lot lees time than an average person could.
>>
>>8960648

Research how to fake the appearance of deep intelligence by cobbling together half-remembered scraps of wiki articles on things you assume smart people like

>oh wait, you're on /lit/, you're already doing that
>>
>>8960648
You don't, obviously.
>>
>>8960669
Literally me
>>
>>8960648
As an omniscient narrator you have knowledge which, if applied to a character, allows them to demonstrate the ability to reason and think things through that you could not do in the same situation.

Now how to write their dialogue? Listen to and read lots of smart people's work and work from there. Think about how you speak about the things you are most knowledgeable about and competent in.
>>
>>8960658
>>8961571
... and this is how you end up imitating the most superficial aspects or consequences of intelligence. Just don't do it, I guarantee you'll always accomplish nothing but reveal yourself to be an idiot.
>>
Read Artemis Fowl.
>>
>>8960648
Pay a better writer to write it for you... Or just do your research.
>>
You don't.
>>
>>8960648
Just write him or her based on me, dude. It's not hard haha.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.