[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly how many years are supposed to be between each part?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 2666.jpg (65KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
2666.jpg
65KB, 333x500px
Exactly how many years are supposed to be between each part? That's left me confused a little.
Anyway:
The Part about the Crimes>The Part about the Critics>The Part About Fate>The Part About Almanfitino

Haven't read the last part yet but that's how I rank them.
>>
>>8960302
IIRC the crimes section covers like 10 yrs or something. Obviously the Amalfitano parts and Fate and Critics all occur around the same time. The part about Archimboldi covers nearly 60 years.
>>
>>8960317

Yeah, The Part about the Critics and Amalfiltano parts were the only ones I'm really clear about so far since they are linked so closely together they may as well take place in the same time frame.

What should I read next by Bolano? I was thinking of The Savage Detectives.
>>
When I read 2666 I guess I never thought about the time but just kinda picked up on it from context. I'm pretty sure somewhere in there BolaƱo says the murders were over a 10 year span. The rest seemed to follow fine just with reading.
>>
>>8960321
Last Evenings on Earth is a short story collection that's very good.

The Third Reich and The Skating Rink are both pretty minor but fun, self-contained crime thriller sort of stuff.

Most of his shorter work function as b-sides or spin-offs from his bigger works. For instance Woes of the True Policeman is basically just cut material from 2666. Distant Star and Amulet are expanded content first appearing in The Savage Detectives and Nazi Literature in the Americas.

A lot of people really like By Night In Chile. It's worth checking out.
>>
>>8960338

I'll get By Night in Chile then.

Also Liz Norton or Rosa, which one would you fuck?
>>
>>8960428
Rosa easily, literary chicks are no fun.
>>
>>8960468

Liz was really kinky though but yeah, if I recall Rosa had the nicer tits.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.