[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is having a false sense of intellectual superiority a bad thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: MDAy7Ue.jpg (64KB, 500x296px) Image search: [Google]
MDAy7Ue.jpg
64KB, 500x296px
Is having a false sense of intellectual superiority a bad thing?
>>
>>8960009
If it's false, yes.

What a stupid fucking question.
>>
>>8960009
It is essential for all our self-esteem.
>>
>>8960046
Wrong, a false sense merely imitates that which is essential but has no way of replacing it.
>>
>>8960009
Ok just remove the word "false" from my question, i want to know whether feeling superior is a bad thing in general.
>>
>>8960106
Yes. Whether false or not, being an asshole is still being an asshole. It's not fair to judge others for where they are in their lives or where they came from. We're all on different paths.

I would argue that while you may be or feel intellectually superior, that does not make you wise. And if you are not wise, then what is the use of being intellectual? Is it not for the purpose of gaining wisdom?

Now ignorance, willful ignorance, is acceptable to shun with corrective criticism. Still, there is no need to be a douche. The best way to teach is to show and to lead by example.
>>
>>8960150
fag lol
>>
>>8960150
i bet you get lots of pussy m8
>>
>>8960009
>False sense of
Yes.
>>
>>8960150
sorry but that won't get me laid
>>
>>8960106
>Ok just remove the word "false" from my question
That makes it a completely different question m8, it's important to be semantic when engaging in dialectics.
>>
>>8960009
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
File: HERECOMESMISCHIEF.jpg (53KB, 684x550px) Image search: [Google]
HERECOMESMISCHIEF.jpg
53KB, 684x550px
>>8960150
>Balance in all things
>>
Yes.
>>
I'm convinced everyone who isn't a total mouthbreather secretly believes they're a bit special. Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't let it get out of control and get to the point where no-one can tell you anything
>>
We all do that, though.

I can't help it. I'm surrounded by bonafinde idiots all the time.
We all are.
>>
>>8960150
slow down charles dickens no one wants to read your novel

why don't you try to be less of a beta bitch?
>>
I think if it this was. If I know something I shed my insight on it. If I don't I let others discuss. Also if you have a justified reason to think your "superior" to ahead but if you are out being a cock for no reason you can swiftly shove it. I just don't understand why people think they can be mentally superior to anyone. Everyone has there own knowledge.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.