[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Selling/getting rid of old books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: silence-978144729985101.jpg (468KB, 1535x2325px) Image search: [Google]
silence-978144729985101.jpg
468KB, 1535x2325px
How do you get rid of your old books? Do you sell them or donate them?
>>
If I can sell it for at least a few bucks profit I will, otherwise I donate them.
>>
I sold all my books to a second hand shop a couple of years ago when I realized that I don't want to deal with the hassle of storing and transporting them, since then I'm using ebooks.
What matters is the content.
>>
>>8956223
I'll buy them from you OP. What'cha got
>>
I have about 60-70 that I'm looking to get rid of. They range from Silence by Shusaku Endo to Lexicon by Max Barry.
>>
I get naked and burn them.
>>
>>8956223
>selling books
You're supposed to poop in them and then slam it so shit flies everywhere. And then burn them.
>>
I always give mine away to the local high schools. Sometimes the librarians don't seem thrilled at the idea, but idgaf. Like I don't want any praise I just want you to shelve them so kids can read them, it's not that difficult.
>>
>>8958832
Why would the librarians have a problem with that?
>>
>>8958842
>>>8958832 (You)
>Why would the librarians have a problem with that?
They have to update the catalog and print out labels for them and put them in the right place. And they might not have enough shelf space in one section so then they have to rearrange things. Basically they are getting free resources and have to do their job and they don't like it?
>>
>>8956223

I once threw a whole bunch of old books in the trash because I needed the space. Only ones I'd read before and didn't like, though.
>>
>>8956223
Sell. My local small bookstore give 1/4th cover price, which is pretty decent.
>>
everyone give me all your books. it would be nice to die in a book avalanche or something.
>>
Create an email so you can give them to fellow /lit/izens.

I'd love a copy of Silence, always something I've always wanted to read.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.