[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malazan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: MalazanBookOfTheFallen.jpg (21KB, 220x334px) Image search: [Google]
MalazanBookOfTheFallen.jpg
21KB, 220x334px
What does lit think of this saga? I recently started and while I find it a bit confusing I like that it feels like I've jumped into a moving world, not an story that's being told just for me.
>>
People who use "saga" to refer to non-Icelandic texts should be drawn and quartered.
>>
>>8955243
1 Gardens of the Moon: Hmm, weird book. Not great but interesting.
2 Deadhouse Gates: This is fantastic fantasy with strong historical notes, amazing.
3 Memories of Ice: A brutal uncompromising book, enjoyable.
4 House of Chains: The first half is innovative, brilliant as far as modern fantasy goes.
5 Midnight Tides: Kind of a weird departure but ok.
6 The Bonehunters: I guess they had to follow up deadhouse
7 Reaper's Gale: hmm, this isnt very good
8 Toll the Hounds: this sucks
9 Dust of Dreams: (200 pages in) I have better things to read
10 The Crippled God: I guess ill read it one day but he really screwed the pooch
>>
>>8955372
Ive been told that DG MoI HoC MT and TB are great and that people usually read the last books because they are too invested in the story.
>>
>>8955376
House of Chains and Deadhouse Gates are two of the best fantasy novels I have ever read, and Memories of Ice has a fun power-creep/dbz thing going. I think the finish was exceedingly weak, but by the time those came out I was in my early 30s and was turned off fantasy in general, so take that as you will.
>>
stick to your cancerous trash genre shit general
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.