[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody here read this? The idea of the book seems very very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Anybody here read this? The idea of the book seems very very interesting. However the fact that it's written by a "feminist theorist" makes me suspicios about it. If its dogshit could you point me to a similar book that does not contain poisonous ideology? Thanks.
Please take your sexist back to /pol/ with you, I only want an opinion on the book.
>>
google it fag
>>
File: qsaqwsa.png (108KB, 605x326px) Image search: [Google]
qsaqwsa.png
108KB, 605x326px
>>8952641
Rest assured that any book with the words "quantum" and "feminist" in the title is complete pop-sci quantum mysticism trash that isn't even wrong, just delusional. The fact that such a name even interests you should be distressing enough in itself, although it appears you do not have the metacognitive capacities to recognize that you're probably retarded.

That said, there are real books by real philosophers of physics that address conceptual issues related to quantum entanglement and associated problems with nonlocality. You should probably start with Tim Maudlin, who wrote the excellent "Quantum Non-Locality and Relativity". Mary Bell, wife of John Bell (of Bell's Theorem fame) just released a nice collection of essays from prominent philosophers and physicists on this topic titled "Quantum Nonlocality and Reality: 50 Years of Bell's Theorem" which looks very good. There's other stuff if you want to dig deeper but that's where you should start.
>>
>>8952641
From reading the title and description it looks like pure dogshit to me. If anyone has read it and can deny that it's dogshit I would be very surprised.
>>
File: The Bible.jpg (15KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
The Bible.jpg
15KB, 240x320px
>>
>>8952727
this
>>
>>8952727

>"Quantum Non-Locality and Relativity"

Not OP, but it looks pretty interesting. Would say it is at all accessible to a layman?
>>
>>8952727
OP here. I appreciate this. Is it accesible?
>>
>>8952641
No idea about the book, however it looks to me like the "feminist theorist" part is just meant to be advertising/catch people's attention and may be irrelevant to the book itself
>>
>>8952963
>>8953025
There are equations, but you can easily skip them without losing any of the real substance of the book. It's about as accessible as it gets for the budding philosopher who blows at math and just wants to get at the juicy philosophical conundrums at the heart of quantum mechanics. Maudlin in particular is very good at explaining physical concepts without the egregious simplifications you might find in a Hawking primer. However, before you even do this it might be wise to familiarize yourself with quantum foundations and its associated philosophy as a whole. For that, Peter Lewis's "Quantum Ontology: A Guide to the Metaphysics of Quantum Mechanics" is the absolute best place and most accessible for the layman.
>>
>>8953547
Much appreciated
>>
Speaking of accessible books about physics, I'll go ahead and mention George Gamow's 'Mr Tompkins in Paperback.'
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.