[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You force yourself to read? If you aren't absolutely obsessed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0984.png (247KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0984.png
247KB, 500x700px
You force yourself to read? If you aren't absolutely obsessed with what your reading why are you reading it toots?
>>
This is the mindset of the typical anti-trump voter. The lack of instant gratification for them means it isn't worth their time.
>>
>>8952612
sometimes when you work hard to appreciate something, the benefits of that hard work comes to fruition in ways that outweigh the initial hard work. also, as one toils, the toil itself becomes easier and easier, and eventually one is hard pressed to find something unworthy to toil over, if at least to get a taste of that age old pleasure.
>>
>>8952630
Gratification is my middle name
>>
>>8952612
I don't enjoy reading most of the time but the moments I do are the most profound moments of enjoyment I've experienced. I think this is the experience of most people who read difficult fiction rather than airport shit.

At certain points reading becomes like ego death, where my grasp of time disappears and I feel like I've been initiated into the greatest mysteries of life. I had this experience reading Quentin's section of Sound and the Fury, many occasions in Gravity's Rainbow, and through the majority of War and Peace. I also had moments of monumental boredom while reading these books. Is it the fault of the book? No. Is it me? No. It's just the way of things. The moments of quasi-orgasmic transcendence and mania afforded to authentic reader render worthwhile all the hours of sitting checking the page number and starting sentences again, which we can admit without shame constitute the majority of the reading experience for anyone who is neither a genius or a liar.
>>
>>8952612
I can't truly be skeptical of something i.e. against a philosophy if I haven't read the works.

Or at least I learn some new words, which usually is the case.
>>
>>8952654
Yeah. People who "read" dont talk about this feeling. Ive experienced it in most books at least once. For example: In Fahrenheit when Beatly appears on the MC mind and talks about fire. Or in A Confederacy of Dunces when Ignatius reads and writes letters to his feminist non-gf. Weird moments of connection where you disappear from the world and are transported to what you are reading.
>>
>>8952630
>Implying trump's main demographic isn't dipshit hicks and most educators aren't liberal.
>>
>>8952612
Sometimes nonfiction that is far too drawn out is still the best reasorce available on a given subject that is of interest.

Literary classics are usually fun to read but I try to finish them because there may be an element I want to learn to appreciate or because I want to appreciate references to the material when I come across them.
>>
>>8952845
>educators are always right
Sounds about right you drone.
>>
>>8952612
I haven't been absolutely obsessed with anything but sex in the last couple of years
>>
>>8952612
yes, i force myself
sometimes its paid out, sometime its just waste of time
its impossible to predict
>>
>>8952654
sounds like a rationalization
>>
File: ur-fat.jpg (25KB, 376x376px) Image search: [Google]
ur-fat.jpg
25KB, 376x376px
>You force yourself to eat? If you aren't absolutely obsessed with what your eating why are you eating it toots?
>>
>>8952654
I love you
>>
>>8952612
A snowball needs a push to start rolling.
>>
>>8952612
because there a lot of books that you have to read to understand our world, and you have to force yourself to do it. unless you're in school and the fucking teacher is forcing you to
>>
File: concerned.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
concerned.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>8952845

>education from age 6-21 controlled by SJWs

Explains quite a lot to be fully honest with you dude.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.