[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are writers the least appreciated of artists? I feel like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Melania-Trump.jpg (76KB, 400x605px) Image search: [Google]
Melania-Trump.jpg
76KB, 400x605px
Are writers the least appreciated of artists?
I feel like the visual arts get much more attention and appreciation because plebs and the pleb state of mind can't be bothered to be too invested in a piece for too long.

How many people will even congratulate you when you've written a piece? A handful at best. Make a painting or a music piece and loads will have noticed it and applauded your talent.
>>
>>8951167
>>8951181

the publishing industry exacerbates this. typically, your run of the mill reader is not trying to learn about or explore themselves but are instead looking for the same kind of entertainment that theyre used to but only through a different medium.

"literary fiction" authors typically have to work day-jobs, with obvious exceptions, while people like e.l. james are obvious hacks but live lives of luxury.

http://www.therichest.com/celebnetworth/celeb/authors/e-l-james-net-worth/

this shouldnt be surprising. the commodification of culture made this inevitable.
>>
>>8951167
A pretty painting can hang on your wall and give generations joy and pleasure timelessly.

There isnt the same immediacy of beauty with words, I cant hang a description of a landscape on my wall.

Also, language is most accessible, everyone operates and has a grasp of language, and thinks in words, etc, so there is a low entry barrier, where as visual arts requires physically displaying a skillful spiritual movement of heaven and earth
>>
>>8953141
>language is more accessible than the visual
not even close

plenty of people can barely read
>>
>>8953141
>t. doesn't write
>>
>>8953464
>>8953474

I guess its all the same then. As a little kid can likely both write a whatever crappy little story and finger paint, and take a camera and make their stuffed animals move around. So really all arts should be respected equally.

I suppose its just that, the visual arts offer immediate sensual pleasure, while writing requires effort. So the art that does the work of pleasing you for you, is appreciated more
>>
>>8953464
I forgot we were referring to the mongolian peasants who congratulate OPs brother on his passion for graphic design more than his own experimental novella
>>
>>8951167
nope
J K rowling, john green, stephanie meyer
the list goes on and on and on

but you guys close your eyes to ya, you guys refuse to accept it
>>
>>8953464
>>8953474
>>8954019
>>8954035

The average person would be able to write a 'decent' story (my diary desu) before they would be able to create a decent painting or film
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.